Highland Lakes Area News - Meadowlakes, Marble Falls, Escondido, Burnet County, Cottonwood Shores Information
Interested in what's happening in the Highland Lakes/Lake LBJ area of the Central Texas Hill Country? Our area is a mecca for Lake activities with Lake LBJ, Lake Marble Falls, Inks Lake and Lake Buchanan all nearby and ready for summer fun. Read on!
- Congratulations to Mary Ann Raesener and Gary Hammond in Meadowlakes on being elected to City Council, and to Mayor Don Williams on his re-election.
- Hidden Falls Summer Junior Camp "Swing Into Summer" July 23-July 27 will be hosted by: Jeremy Grubb, David Klotz and Mable Falls Highs' own Golf Coach Lonnie Tackitt. Price: $125 for the first child and $100 for any additional children from the same household. Ages 7-9 and 10 and up. Times: Ages 7-9 will be from 8:30-10am. Ages 10 and up will be from 10:30-12pm. Session will be followed with a mini tournament and pool party on Friday.
- Make a note on your calendar that Lake Fest is August 10-12th this year – Drag Boat Racing at its best!
- Burnet County was listed in 14th place in a survey of the healthiest counties in Texas. No. 14 is not a bad place to be ranked out of 254 counties in Texas.
- The Building Industry Association of the Highland Lakes will be teaming up with the Hill County Home Builders Association out of Kerrville and Fredericksburg to form a partnership and share administrative and advocacy resources as well as to join together on special events.
- American Bank of Texas will be the title sponsor for the 2012 BIAHL Parade of Homes Tour in October.
- Congratulations to Janet Taylor-Carusi who was recently named the new city administrator for the City of Cottonwood Shores.
- Scott and White Hospital in Marble Falls is set to open two years ahead of schedule. The clinic will open in 2013 and the 44-bed tower will open in 2014.
- July 20-21 - Marble Falls Rodeo & Parade, Rodeo begins each night at 8pm at the Charley Taylor Rodeo Arena, Parade at 10AM Saturday morning in downtown Marble Falls.
- June 27th – 11am – 9pm Highland Lakes SPCA fundraiser at Double Horn Brewing Company / HLSPCA will receive 10% of the net sales this day / www.hlspca.org
- Just one year after being acquired by Bond Properties of Dallas, Escondido is experiencing a huge surge in building more luxury Tuscan & Spanish styled homes with 12 new construction permits being issued so far this year. Escondido is a high-end gated golf course community located on 2147 in the Horseshoe Bay area. For more information about purchasing a home or a lot in this stunning community, give us a call at 866-693-7741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 29-30 Llano -- Llano Rock'n River Fest is held annually on the banks of the beautiful Llano River at Badu Park. A fun filled family day of kid fishing, vendors, inflatables, jeep crawling, food, drinks and more. The day ends with a spectacular fireworks show over the water. Call 325/247-5354 for more information.
We hope you enjoy reading these tidbits of information about our area. If you know of any events, a new store or restaurant, send us an email, we'll be glad to add it. Contact Paragon Property Group.
The market in the Highland Lakes area is revving up! Contact us for a complimentary market analysis on your home or other property in the Highland Lakes Area (www.LakeLBJHomeValues.com). Great photos, pre-staging, appropriate pricing and solid marketing are all keys to our successfully selling your home or other property. We’d be honored to help you sell your property.
Of course, if you are thinking of purchasing, be prepared – have your pre-approval letter or proof of funds ready for when you make an offer. If you are genuinely interested in a particularly property, don’t hesitate, some homes and other properties are selling very, very quickly. So, contact us to be put on an automatic search so you don’t miss any opportunities in the Highland Lakes Areas (www.LakeLBJHomeBuyer.com).
We hope you will join us in welcoming Karen Guillot who recently joined our team as a Buyer’s Agent and who will also be helping us out administratively – she passed her Real Estate licensing exam and is ready to help you with all of your real estate needs in the Highland Lakes area. Karen is very attentive and great with follow up, so you can feel confident working with her on purchasing your next property.
Sue Ellett was named to the 2012 Texas Monthly Five-Star Professional Realtor Award list. This award is given to real estate agents who are tracked based upon client satisfaction and quality service performance and is represents the top echelon of agents in the category.
We are also very pleased to announce that our Marble Falls office is now an official Coldwell Banker United, REALTORS® franchise office. We are working on a new sign for the building on our space located at 903 2nd Street and it should be up soon. Come by and take a look!
Sue, Stacey, Brooke & Karen