6 Things Golf Can Teach You About Buying A Home in Breckenridge
1. Golf reveals character, so does your home. The location of your Breckenridge home speaks volumes about your lifestyle choice, personality and future plans. Take the time to ensure your new home purchase is you. Is it located where you want to be? Do you have kids or plan on having grandkids coming to visit? Will there be enough space, yard and surrounding activities to fulfill everything for your future?
2. Don’t cart it, walk! Get a feel for the course. Take some time to scope out the neighborhood. Walk around the different Breckenridge neighborhoods, feel what it would be like to wake up each day there, take a morning stroll to get your paper. Be patient until you get a feel for the course. Talk to some locals, grab a drink at happy hour and ask area questions. Breckenridge locals love to share their expertise! Get an understanding of what "par for the course" is. What’s an average house cost? Average size? Average local income?
3.Bounce back after a bad shot. I’ll never forget my High School Golf Coach, Mr. Nelson, prepping us before a big meet. Big University scouts were going to be watching our every move, “They already know how you can shoot, but are looking to see if you can keep it together! React positively after a bad shot, and after the next bad shot and the next!” Low and behold one of those scouts offered a scholarship to a golfer who duffed the ball THREE times in a row but kept it together.
Don’t get down on yourself if what you offer is rejected. Instead, display your respect and good sportsmanship.
4. There are no cutting corners when purchasing a home! Exercise patience, go through each step in the home buying process thoroughly. The process and hurdles might seem daunting but… enjoy it! You’re prospecting for a new home in Breckenridge and that’s exciting!
5. Know what you can afford. Don’t go out and blow your life savings at Pebble Beach when the par 3 course down the road is more within in your price range. Speak to a financial advisor to make sure you aren’t getting in over your head. Make sure you know what you're getting into before signing off on a new mortgage that you could be struggling to pay. There are many different price points in Breckenridge and I can help you find your dream home within your budget.
6. Be patient when finding the right caddy. The best REALTOR in the area might not be the best one for you. Take the time to find a quality REALTOR who will listen to your home-buying needs, one who will work to find you the perfect Breckenridge home or condo, and then help you negotiate the best price for your new home. Choosing the right Breckenridge real estate broker can make the difference between an awful home buying experience and finding a life-long ally and resource for your Breckenridge questions.