When you get ready to sell your house in Sharon MA, there are 5 extra steps you can take to really make it stand out to buyers. You may already know that you should de-clutter, clean thoroughly, and remove some of your personal displays and photos. But, if you take the time to do these 5 extra steps it will send a message to buyers that your house is well-maintained and that's the message you want to convey to sell your house in Sharon MA.
1. Make sure all the lightbulbs work. Buyers are looking for light-filled rooms. Check that all the lightbulbs are working so that your rooms can be easily seen. There's nothing more dreary than walking through dimly lit rooms. Talk with your Realtor®to see if additional floor lamps, or table lamps, should be placed in the rooms to help buyers see them more clearly.
2. Fill in the cracks. Wood expands and contracts. Sometimes this causes cracks in painted doors and moldings. These cracks will catch a buyer's attention. Filling in the cracks with the proper caulking material and repainting will make them look good as new and show buyers that your home is well-maintained. This is one of the 5 extra steps that will really get your house ready to sell in Sharon MA!
3. Clean screens and vents. We sometimes overlook the dirt and lint that can get caught up in window screens and vents. Look up at the vents in your bathrooms. If you can see “dust bunnies” poking out, it’s time to vaccum. Window screens can be removed and sprayed with a hose to remove dirt. Take the time to make sure your windows are clean, too!
4. Treat old water stains on ceilings. If you have repaired leaks that left water stains on a ceiling, take the time to treat the ceiling stain, too. There’s nothing that screams “problem” like the sight of a water stain on a ceiling. Find out from an expert the proper materials needed to cover the stain before repainting the ceiling.
5. Deodorize your house. Make sure garbage cans, sink drains, pet areas and basements don’t have any unpleasant odors. Garbage cans should be emptied frequently when you are trying to sell your house in Sharon MA. Baking soda can be used to clean sink drains. According to the ARM & HAMMER website just pour some baking soda down the drain while running warm tap water. You can also use baking soda to wash out your garbage cans. For pet areas, there are special deodorizing air fresheners and cleaning products. Running a dehumidifier in your basement can help prevent a musty odor.
Think like a buyer! Buyers are looking for homes that have been well-maintained and are in good condition. When your house is listed for sale, everything you do to make it stand out from the competition will be to your advantage. I'll be glad to talk with you about these 5 extra steps, and other things you can do to enhance your property, so we can sell your house in Sharon MA for the highest price possible.
When you get ready to sell your house give Nina Rogoff a call at 781-253-3385. My market analysis, marketing plan and attention to details will get your house sold! I grew up in Sharon and live and work here now. I know the local Sharon real estate market and I'll be glad to put my expertise to work for you.