Summer is in full swing in Scottsdale, Arizona now. And even though the temperature is high, that doesn't mean there's a lack of things to do around town. Here are a couple of events are coming up in late June early July 2012 in and around the Scottsdale area. They range from kid-oriented camps, to live theater, to wine tasting in Prescott and more.
- The Summer Concert Series at Kierland Commons is in full swing. The concerts take place on Saturday nights from 7-9pm. The series runs through the end of July.
- Camps for Kids (Kindergarten through 8th Grade) - If the kids are looking for something to do, the Phoenix Zoo is offering weekly Camp Zoo sessions all the way through the end of July. They are chock-full of great educational opportunities as well as chances to interact with the animals, play games and have a great time. Another idea for kids in the Space Camp at the Challenger Space Center Arizona in Peoria. Campers can go either half-days or full-days and young astronauts or students who are interested in space will have a really fun week.
- If you're in the mood for a little bit of theater and a little bit of nostalgia, there are two shows you might want to check out. The first is Grease which is playing through July 22nd at the Arizona Broadway Theatre. It was a classic movie and I'm sure this version will be just as entertaining. In Scottsdale at the Desert Stages Theatre is the Odd Couple through July 29. What is interesting here is that one weekend, you will see your favorite men, Oscar and Felix. But on the following weekend, two females Olive and Florence, take over the lead character roles.
- From June 22nd through July 2nd, the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is coming to Phoenix. I had an opportunity see the show last year and it was impressive. The show has lots going on, great acts and a really fun experience for both children and adults.
- If you're looking for a road trip and some adult activity, on July 1st, the Talking Rock Ranch Wine Festival and Auction is taking place. It runs from 11 in the morning to 7 o'clock at the Talking Rock Ranch in Prescott. There will be over 250 wines from various wineries all over the world. Silent auctions and other events will also take place. Proceeds will benefit local charities. Even better, why not make a weekend of it and stay over?
- The last item for this post involved Heard Museum North in North Scottsdale at The Summit. The current photography exhibit runs now through November 25th. The exhibit involves Navajo photographers were taking photos of their homes, their land and their lifestyles. It is called "Through the Lens: Dine Photographers."
These are just a few of the many, many things going on in and around Scottsdale in June and July 2012. Please feel free to add any other events in the comments section.