Courtesy of the Haight Ashbury Improvement Association and Jay Lui of the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency...
Carl & Cole and Church & Duboce Construction
Requires N Judah Weekend Shutdowns
Weekends of July 6, July 20, August 3 and August 17th
From 7 p.m. on Friday through 5 a.m. on Monday
Here is an update on the continuing construction for the Carl Street Track Replacement Project which will provide
· New track for a smoother, faster ride on Muni
· Bulbouts to enhance safety and boarding at N Judah Line stops
· Curb and ramp upgrades
· Water and sewer improvements
· Street light pole replacement
* Construction dates are subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen conditions. Additional shutdowns may be required.
Work slated for the July 6 Weekend:
· Track replacement of the outbound tracks on Carl Street between Willard and Stanyan. Demolition during the weekend will
generate loud noise (jackhammering).
· Track welding on Carl Street between Hillway Avenue and Willard Street.
· Sewer work at the intersection of Carl and Cole streets. This work will take place on Saturday and Sunday between 7 a.m.
and 8 p.m.
Street Closure and Street Parking Restrictions in the Following Areas:
· No parking will be allowed on either side of Carl Street from Stanyan to
Willard Street. Eastbound lanes will remain open; however westbound
traffic will be detoured.
· Driveways on the north side of Carl Street from Stanyan to Willard Street will
be blocked by construction work for most of the weekend.
· Some parking on Stanyan Street near the intersection will be temporary
removed to detour traffic.
· Carl Street between Hillway Avenue and Willard Street will remain open.
Driveways will be accessible on both sides; however access may be
delayed until construction equipment or vehicles move out of the way. Street
parking may be temporarily unavailable.
· Street parking on Cole Street near the intersection may be temporarily
· Mitigation Plan:
In an effort to mitigate the loss of street parking, we suggest that if you live
on the affected streets, please consider parking your car at an off-street
garage or a parking lot such as UCSF Parking Garage and Kezar Stadium on
Stanyan between Waller and Beulah streets. The project will reimburse you
for parking charges. Please retain your receipts to submit for reimbursement
at SFMTA Carl St. Rail Replacement Project, One South Van Ness Avenue, 3rd
Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103 Attn: Ha Nguyen.
· N Judah Rail Line will be shut down during the weekend.
· N bus will travel on Frederick Street.
· The Church & Duboce Track and Street Improvement Project will continue
to take place, which will require the J Church to partially shut down.
What to Expect During Construction:
· Construction crews and equipment will be on site working around the clock at some locations during construction.
· Traffic control officers as well as police officers will direct traffic at critical intersections.
· Noise and dust will be controlled in adherence with City Codes.
· Electronic messaging boards will be used in affected areas to alert motorists and cyclists of detours.
· Local business will remain open during construction.
Construction dates have been coordinated between both the Church & Duboce and the Carl Street projects to minimize inconvenience to residents, businesses, Muni customers, motorists and bicyclists.
For details and updates visit:www.sfmta.com/carl or www.sftma.com/duboce or contact 311 311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатнаяпомощьпереводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuity / 無料の言語支援 / 무료언어지원/ Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
SFMTA | Municipal Transportation Agency
Community Relations Division
1 South Van Ness Ave. , 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103