Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
You might think that a closet is a closet no matter how big or how small. Thing is... a closet could just be the most important room in the whole house. If I'd known when buying my house how important closets would become over the years I would have chosen a little more carefully. You see.... our closets are so much more than a resting spots for currently unused items. In fact, I'd garner a guess that they have very little purpose in that direction at this point in time. Want proof? Here are the top ten uses for our bedroom closets.... (and why life just wouldn't be the same without them!)
10. Closets are just short names for FLASHLIGHT CHECKER ROOMS: For reasons beyond my understanding closets are the place to check and make sure that every flashlight in the house works. You cannot know if they work properly by just turning them on... it MUST happen in the closet. Usually our closet so we can all fit.
9. Closets are FUTURE CLOTHES ROOMS: You know the clothes that fit today? I promise for anyone under the age of 16 they won't fit next week. A good deal of our closet space is allocated to size 7, 8, and 9T clothes. You know the 'hand me downs' that we so cherish and last seasons clearance finds that will fit down the road. They must go somewhere... and closets are the perfect place.
8. Closets are great for a PANTRY: For those of us that don't "buy" a pantry with our homes... it is really accessible and convenient to turn a closet into one. A place to store the canned goods, canning supplies, kitchen cleaning supplies and bulk foods. Of course, if we were smarter and had bought a home with ample cupboard space this wouldn't have been an issue either.
7. Closets are HIDE-N-SEEK ROOMS: You know... that room where the kids ALWAYS hide when they are playing that seek game. The think I like about this room is that the seeker always pretends that he/she doesn't know where the hider is hiding. It's a very special room. Of course, when you are using the hide-n-seek room you may as well bring your flashlight and test it because it's awfully dark inside.
6. Closets are FORTS: I know, I know. There isn't room for one right? Wrong. They make forts amid the clothes, shoes, and blankets stored inside. It doesn't seem to matter that there is like two inches of space to sit. It's special and it's small. That's what makes it such a precious place for a fort.
5. Closets are TOY BOXES: I know this because whenever I ask the kids to put away their toys they throw them on their closet floor instead of putting them away on their shelf. It seems like too much trouble to fix it all the time so we leave it be. When the toys consume more space than the bottom of the closet floor we try and put them away away.
4. Closets are NOT COAT ROOMS: Still scratching my head over this one. For some reason we cannot seem to get our winter coats into the closets. Especially during the winter months. There just isn't space. During the summer they tuck away nicely... I don't get it. I only know that they seem to belong on the back of chairs instead of IN the closet.
3. Closets are SHOE STORES: I am NOT a shoe collector but my kids seem to be. There are four of us and there is a two story layer of shoes at the bottom of one closet. How do shoes add up so quickly? And, why??? Why isn't there a better way to store them than as the floor of the hiding room or fort? That just leaves squished shoes!
2. Closets are essecially JUNK ROOMS: It is that one spot in the house that you can put anything that just doesn't belong... the broom, dustpan, rags, wash buckets, dvd storage, exercise equipment storage, games, books, memorabilia, and who knows what else.
1. Closets are for PRETEND? It goes like this: (trust me.... this one is all Judy Schachner's fault... She's the one that wrote Skippyjonjones....)
My Lil' one put on his Spiderman hat, a belt, a stick sword, a blanket cape and took off down to his bedroom. I hear him jumping on his bed singing, "Meee ears are too beeeg for meeee head and meeee head is too beeeg for meeee body. I'm Skippy Jon Jones and I'm a Chiwuawa not a Siamese cat...." Somehow you have created a new superhero in my house. If he starts playing in his closet I'm not sure what we'll do!
As you can see, closet space has become oober important to me. If you find yourself short on space give me a call. I understand the need to have ample storage space! I can help you find a place to call home in Minnesota that is just right for you!
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.