Recently, ActiveRain published an article with a corresponding infographic, titled, Real Estate Marketing and Software: The Price is Right 2012. ActiveRain conducted a study in which they surveyed over 2,000 REALTORS® to “understand what software and marketing support real estate agents are using in their business and how much they are spending on these necessary tools of the trade” (such as real estate CRM systems). The data was combined with the National Association of REALTORS® 2012 Member Survey.
The survey findings are very powerful. They underscore the importance of technologies like a real estate CRM and the value it has to success in real estate sales. Here are some key insights from the study:
- The highest earning agents spend more on their website and CRM then the lowest earning ones.
- The top two sources of business for real estate agents are referrals and past clients (think about the key role a real estate CRM plays in this), yet agents spend the most money per month on online lead generation.
- Realtors spend more on their cars than on their marketing. Agents earning over $100k a year spend 5-10x more on marketing than their peers.
- Successful agents invest in systems like strong websites and contact management.
- IDX Websites, CMA software, and CRM are the top real estate tools in the ActiveRain survey.
Click here to view the infographic.
If you’re not using a real estate CRM, this survey should ring the alarm bells. Because if you’re not using one, you’re missing out on thousands of dollars worth of potential business from real estate leads and past clients who can use you again and refer you to others.
Sign up for IXACT Contact’s easy to learn and use real estate CRM for 5 weeks FREE today!
What are your thoughts?