Thinking about putting your home on the market? This is a must read! Excellent tips from an Excellent Home Stager! Thanks for allowing me to re-blog Kristine.
Morris County NJ Stager’s Top 8 Staging Tips:
The goal of staging your Morris County, NJ home is to showcase your home in its best light AND help buyers to envision themselves living in your home. Now that your home is going on the market you need to think like a buyer, not a seller.
This is the time to take off the sentimental, rose colored glasses and critique your home the way you would if you were buying your home. A good technique to really see your home’s flaws is by taking photos of each room. The camera has a way of revealing what the naked eye misses.
1. Painting rooms in neutral colors. Paint companies report that neutral colors are the most popular, appealing to the widest audience. Because neutral colors go with almost any décor this makes it easy for buyers to see their furnishings in your home. Moreover, nothing cleans up a home like freshly painted walls.
2. Storing collections, family photos and excess furniture: We want buyers to focus on your home, its square footage and architectural details with no distractions. The very goal of home staging is to make it as easy as possible for buyers to be able to envision themselves living in your home.
3. Buyers don’t want your deferred maintenance: More than ever buyers are looking for turnkey homes. This is the time to fix those jobs you’ve been putting off: running toilettes, torn screens, broken cabinets or doorbell, chipped molding – anything that buyers will note as a negative.
4. Remove area rugs: If you have beautiful hardwoods, show them off. Hardwood floors are at the top of most buyer’s lists so don’t cover them with rugs. The only exception is an open concept home that has all hardwoods. Use one area rug to delineate three different spaces so buyers can see how they can break up the space.
5. Take down heavy drapery and curtains. Buyer’s love natural sunlight so the focus should be on your windows and the natural sunlight, not window coverings. While it may look bare to you, buyer’s love windows and light.
6. Clean, Clean, Clean! One thing all buyers are looking for are well maintained, clean homes. This is something you can do or hire a cleaning service. Focus on the kitchen and bathrooms. Nothing is a bigger buyer turnoff then a dirty home or an unpleasant odor.
7. Assess Curb appeal. The first impression buyers will make of your home whether online or in person is the outside of your home. The focal point should be your home’s entrance and front door. This is a good time to give your front door a fresh coat of paint so it looks shiny and new. Also, you’d be amazed by what adding a few potted plants and fresh mulch does to improve curb appeal.
8. Lastly, consult a Morris County, NJ Home Stager who is an expert on preparing your home for the market, making it stand out from the competition. Stagers know what buyers are looking for, your demographics and how to draw buyer’s attention to your home’s best architectural features.
If you are thinking of selling your NJ home, or it has sat on the market for months with so respectable offers call Elite Staging and Redesign at 201-602-2562 for a consultation. We offer a wide variety of staging services all geared to help you sell your home! Please view our staging before/after portfolio of work!
Elite Staging and Redesign - Kristine Ginsberg - 201 602 2562
Home Staging Morris County - Staged to Sell, Designed to Live!
You have 90 seconds to make a great first impression once your home goes on the market. Consult a Morris County professional home stager serving Union, Essex, Sussex Counties for that competitive edge so your home stands out from the competition, selling faster and for top dollar!
Elite Staging and Redesign offers home staging services to North Jersey homeowners, real estate agents, banks, builders, and investors in preparing homes to stand out in today’s real estate market. For a consultation on vacant staging, lived in homes or interior redesign projects call Elite Staging and Redesign at 201-602-2562.