The Los Altos Art & Wine Festival is widely regarded as one of the most popular art and wine events in the San Francisco Bay Area. It is truly an event to enjoy for the day because there is no stop shopping, food, and entertainment from start to finish (and after the finish)! As a long time volunteer both helping coordinate the event in the past as well as volunteering in the wine booths, I've seen how much fun it can be.
- Dozens of artisans from all over the country
- Classic festival food plus Thai, Mexican, Chinese and others (downtown restaurants are also open)
- Wine tasting booths from several local wineries - great wine at great prices!
- Family FunZone with rides, games, and entertainment for kids
- Free concerts on three stages playing everything from country to contemporary rock
Hot Tips for Success
- Arrive early for any chance of downtown parking. It's usually gone by 9:30AM. Otherwise park at Los Altos High School and take the shuttle.
- Wear sunscreen as it does get hot and there is little shade.
- Visit the "Glass" booth before going to buy wine or beer.
- Grab lunch early to beat the long lines. I suggest 11:30 or so to beat the rush.
- The Family FunZone is a lot of fun especially for younger kids so plan on visiting. It's like a mini amusement park (seriously) with rides, carnival games, food, face painting, etc.
Click here for the Los Altos Art & Wine Festival Event Map (PDF) with locations of food, wine, restrooms, etc.
Concert Showtimes - click here for festival showtimes
Stop back by and let me know how much fun you had! I'd really like to hear what you thought of the event, if you bought any artwork, wine, etc.