The Mischievous Rowayton Gnome
Growing up in Rowayton I always suspected there was something a foot.
As a child I was always blamed for leaving the bike at the ball field, the toys at the beach, not closing the refrigerator door, not washing my feet……
And then in later years strange things kept happened, keys not where you left them, socks missing out of the dryer, fishing poles and water ski are found at the beach, food disappearing…..
Now I have proof that there is something amiss in Rowayton, I have seen the mysterious, the ever evasive Mischievous Rowayton Gnome. Yes it’s true, and I have pictures to prove.
Just after sunrise this morning while walking the dogs a blue, red flash caught the corner of my eye. Making sure to rub all the sleep out, I took a second look and a then look at my dogs. Yes they too saw something strange yet unlike their normal response of barking and chasing they were frozen in a point with not even a blink. With the hair on the back of my neck standing straight up, I slowly approached the spot where I thought I first saw it, not sure what I’ll find …..
In the hole I peaked and to my surprise it was the Rowayton Gnome, now I am sure of it because I do remember seeing it once before when I was very young and in the middle of the night. I thought it was only a dream when the Gnome took all my toys out and spread them all over the floor, yet when I saw those knowing laughing eyes staring back at me the memory came rushing back and I knew what I found was true.
So parents don’t be in a rush to blame, it could be that little Mischievous Rowayton Gnome up to its old tricks once again.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff at William Pitt Sotheby’s for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.