Darien, Connecticut Home Sales UP and Prices Down, First Half of 2012.
July 24, 2012
Yet again with mortgage rates hitting new lows the real estate market in Darien, Connecticut is busier than last year when comparing the statistical numbers Year to Date and Year over Year.
Home sales are up 12.7% in Darien, Ct along with these homes are selling faster than last year with an average number of days on the market 124, down 14.5% compared to last year.
The average sales price for these Darien homes are at $1,466,156 which is down 14.8% from last year but if we dig a little deeper we see the average square feet of the homes have dropped 10.2% from 3,485 SqFt in 2011 to 3,131 SqFt in 2012 YTD June*.
As of today on the Darien MLS there are 142 single family homes for sale and year to date 164 sold homes, which means in the past 24 days there have been 31 closings with another 56 homes under deposit or accepted offers.
*Listing and sales information comes from various sources and may not always be accurate. No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy of this information. You should verify any information that is important to your buying decision. Data Source: DARMLS
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.