Let’s Get Your Home Sold!
Here’s How . . .
Before We Meet, I Will -
- Create a listing contract
- Complete other required documents: closing Instructions, square footage disclosure, showing instructions, lead paint disclosure, etc.
- Create seller notebook and deliver
- Discuss needed maintenance/repair
- Discuss preparation for showings
Together, We Will -
- Complete and sign listing documents, discuss showing instructions, and which fixtures stay or go (inclusions/exclusions)
- Discuss choice of title company
- Collect HOA documents, or how to access them. Set HOA documents up in electronic form so buyer agents can access them
- Set aside a key to use in the lockbox
- Install lockbox
Everything is Set in Motion for Marketing -
- Scan and email all signed documents, or copy and deliver, to seller. Or, if signed electronically, email PDF version to seller
- Place sign in yard.
- Create Property Notebook, if seller desires
- Deliver Lead Paint Booklet to property
- Create temporary fliers and stock sign box with them
- Take photographs
- Download and edit photographs
- Upload listing to MLS
- Upload documents to MLS
- Create enticing text
- Upload photographs
- Add enticing text to photographs
- Add listing to showing/feedback service
- Create full-color flyers and stock sign box
- Create mini-flyers and deliver
- Create property website
- Order sign rider with QR code, and 'text for into' numbers
- Create virtual tour
- Enroll property on List Hub
- Write blog and post to multiple sites
- Write neighborhood blog post (if not already completed) and post to same sites
- Post ad on Craig's List'
- 'Pin' select photos to Pinterest, with a link back to blog post
- Update seller on progress of marketing efforts
- Respond to buyer inquiries
- Show home to unrepresented buyers
- Hold weekend open house for neighbors, hand out mini-flyers for them to share at work, etc.
- Hold weekend open house for the public
- Respond to agent inquiries
- Show home to represented buyers at agent's request
- Update seller on marketing, any 'tweaking', number of hits, etc.
- Review buyer/agent feedback with seller
- Perform updated market review
- Inform seller of any pertinent activity in market (other homes sold, under contract or newly listed in their area)
- Refresh MLS listing, as needed
We Have an Offer!!
- Notify seller s soon as offer is received, schedule review appointment
- Review offer, take note of items to discuss with seller
- Contact buyers' agent regarding questins, any errors, relationship with lender
- Discuss pros and cons with seller
- Review lender letter, contact lender for more information
- Determine seller response and prepae docs for delivery by deadline
- Contact agents who have shown recently, let them know they need to hurry if their client has any interest
- Prepare counter offer if necessary, present to buyer/agent, follow up
- Once offer is signed by all parties, deliver copy to seller, title/closing company, and buyer's agent
- Note contingency dates on calendar, set alarms
- Touch base with title company, as to whether HOA documents have been obtained already or are still necessary
- Update MLS, showing service, flyers, blog posts, internet that home is under contract
- Once title commitment arrives, discuss with seller. If any problems are noted, assist with resolutions.
- Confirm that inspection date and time works for seller, eplain process
- Assist inspector with access
- Review inspection objection with seller, if any, and prepare response
- Negotiate inspection resolution
- Confirm with buyers' lender that appraisal has been ordered
- Confirm tha appraisal date and time works for seller, explain process
- Assist appraiser with access, attend appraisal if needed
- Determine appraisal value meets contract contingency. If not, begin negotiations
- Monitor mortgage commitment process
- Confirm with seller that all inspection items have been completed
- Schedule closing time and place with all parties
- Confirm whether buyer will do a walkthrough, schedule with seller
- Review settlement statements/HUD-1 when available
- Review closing procedures with client (utilities, closing funds, who to expect at the table, process)
- Attend closing
- Pick up lockbox, sign
- Update MLS, showing service, flyers, blog posts, and internet sites that home is sold
- Complete file as required by broker and submit
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Gardeners might enjoy my posts about gardening in Denver to Boulder’s front range.
I write posts on real estate issues and local events in the Denver metro area, especially those communities between Denver and Boulder, as a public service. My hope is to give people an idea of the ‘flavor’ of our community, in case they’re new or moving to the Denver area.
I am a residential real estate agent, happily helping folks buy a house or sell a house in the beautiful and friendly suburbs northwest of Denver.
Copyright © 2012 Joetta Fort, The DiGiorgio Group