The Top 10 Signs You Live In a Rural Area. Many of you have heard me refer to my area as an extremely rural area, but maybe you don't really know what this distinction really means. So I've compiled a list of things that should help you see just how rural my area really is. These things describe Western Colorado living perfectly.
The Top 10 Signs You Live In a Rural Area:
10. You are surrounded mostly by National Forest Service or Farm Land.
9. Your traffic jams are caused by livestock or tractors moving down the road.
8. Your real estate signs are frequently used for target practice.
7. You can get all the business owners in your town to agree to wear Hawaiian shirts on Fridays... and they do.
6. You have town events celebrating things like apples and sweet corn.
5. Your town just got it's first and only stoplight.
4. When a new pizza place opens in town, it makes the front page of the newspaper.
3. Your local newspaper is only 20 pages long and this includes the local school honor roll list, all classified and want advertisments and two pages of local business advertisments.
2. You can't make a quick trip to the grocery store, because you will run into at least 5 people you know.
1. You have a Moose Appreciation Day.
So there you have it. This is my life. It's a bit slower than most of you are use to, but I love it. If you are looking to slow things down in your life, why not consider a move to a rural area like Delta County or Montrose County, Colorado. I can help you with that.
GRI, SFR, REO Specialist, CNE, AHWD, BPOR, e-Pro
Broker Associate, Cedaredge Land Company
For more information on local events and happenings, please visit my Face Book Page.
For a complete list of property for sale in Delta and Montrose County, Colorado click here.