I'm an avid tennis player. I tell my clients it keeps me sane. Nothing feels better than to 'wack' that ball after a stressful real estate day! My friends call me the Terminator!
It dawned on me long ago just how similar the game of tennis is to real estate. Whether you’re buying, selling, or leasing, the same ‘rules’ apply in tennis and in ‘business’:
1) Keep your eye on the ball.
2) Play fair. Play to win.
3) Each shot dictates what comes back.
4) Never throw in the towel. Never give up. You owe it to yourself, your partner & your opponent(s)… so give it your all.
5) Once you hit the ball into your opponent’s court, you have to wait.
6) Stay on your toes and be ready.
7) Sometimes you get a second chance.
8) Study your adversary. Know his (or her) strengths. Know his (or her) weaknesses.
9) When the opportunity presents itself, finish the point!
10) Play to win, and chances are you will.
Hmmmm.....wonder if Andre Agassi will get his real estate license!