Laguna Beach Homes for Sale – What Happened in the Laguna Beach Real Estate Market in July 2012.
If you are considering buying or selling a home in the Laguna Beach real estate market, having the most current market information will help you to make the best decisions regarding Laguna Beach Homes for Sale. Laguna Beach is a beautiful beach community located in South Orange County, and offers residents a coastal lifestyle that is second to none. Homes and condos are offered in a wide price range with ocean view homes commanding premium prices. It’s important to work with a Laguna Beach Realtor® who knows the market inside and out.
The Laguna Beach real estate market posted excellent results in July 2012 with 44 closed sales vs. 31 closed sales in July 2011 – a 42% increase! Buyer demand for Laguna Beach homes remains strong - as of August 6, 2012, 25% of the 298 available listings in Laguna Beach are currently under contract. At the current sales pace, there is a 5 month supply of homes (225 active Laguna Beach MLS listings).
- For the month of July 2012 44 homes in Laguna Beach sold at an average final selling price of $2,242,181.
- The average original asking price of these homes was $2,452,086 – selling at 95% of list price.
- The range of final selling prices was from a low of $315,000 for a 1 bedroom condo to a high of $16,000,000 for a 5 bedroom 7100 sq ft ocean front luxury home in Emerald Bay (includes attached and detached homes).
- Of the 44 homes that sold, 33 Laguna Beach homes were standard equity sales and 11 were distressed sales – either short sales or bank owned foreclosures.
- July sold homes were on the market an average of 115 days, up slightly from 112 days in July 2011. Prices were up 35% vs. the previous July (on a price/sq ft basis). The average selling price per square foot was a whopping $797.89 in July 2012, signaling a very strong Laguna Beach real estate market.
If you are looking to buy or sell Laguna Beach real estate it's important to be informed. Call us anytime at 949-500-0484 with any questions on buying or selling Laguna Beach homes.
Useful Resources for Laguna Beach Home Buyers: