Why are “Likes” so important?
Many small business owners and real estate agents are missing the boat here. Here are some facts to consider.
1. Facebook has over 950 million active users. 50 million were added just in the last April to June quarter.
2. 50% of those users log on at least once in any given day.
3. The average user has 130 friends.
4. People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on face book.
5. Each Facebook user spends on average 15 hours and 33 minutes a month on the site.
6. More than 250 million people access Facebook through their mobile devices.
7. More than 2.5 million websites have integrated with Face book.
8. 30 billion pieces of content is shared on Facebook each month.
9. 300,000 users helped translate Facebook into 70 languages.
10. People on Facebook install 20 million “Apps” every day.
You do not have to be a genius to see from above how much face book has become an essential part of everyday life. Everything above shows you how successful face book has become. Getting people to “LIKE” your page effectively puts the power of face book to work for you. When someone clicks the “like” button on your page an update will appear on their news feed saying they have “liked” your page and linking back to it.
It also means that whenever you add a new piece of content to your face book page, it will also be posted into the news feed of everyone who has hit your “like” button in the past. This means all their friends will see your post too. Now that is viral and powerful.
Now not all business’s have the same marketing goals. In the real estate business the goal is exposure for your listings and keeping your name top of mind when your service is required. Facebook allows very targeted local marketing. If you have a small business you may not feel you need a face book page today. I can assure you if your local competitor establishes an effective facebook marketing page before you. Trust me you will be sorry. Don’t have the time? Source it out. I use Kimnat Internet and Print. They can be reached by emailing email@example.com . They became so essential to our marketing I had to buy the company. Geography is no handicap when it comes to internet marketing. Someone can manage your face book page from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. On the ever changing world wide web change is a fact of life. Most busy self-employed people hardly have enough time for social media. Affordable out sourcing is a reasonable solution.