10 Mistakes People Make that Costs Them Retweets on Twitter (plus 1 bonus):
(what might you add to the list?)
1. Craft boring tweets versus compelling "headlines."
2. Create status quo content (on their blogs) and gain a lousy reputation because of it.
3. Forget that the greater the size of the audience, the greater the chance of retweets (build your followership).
4. Don't participate in chats.
5. Neglect retweeting others.
6. Neglect including relevant hashtags.
7. Are a poor speller.
8. Use obscenities.
9. Don't tweet regularly.
10. Forget to team up (make a pact with 3 or 4: you retweet them, they retweet you).
BONUS Abbreviate "pls RT" instead of spelling it out, "please retweet."
You might also be interested in:
- 9 Tweeting No No’s (Things You Should Avoid Doing So You Won’t Get Unfollowed on Twitter)
- 7 Ways to Get People to Follow You on Twitter (simple version)