Successful Home Selling in Colorado
There are many steps to take when successfully selling your home in Colorado. But don’t worry! When you hire Belinda Spillman and Will Hamm as your listing agents, home selling is as easy as a Walk In The Park.
Let’s highlight some of the steps in the order they are taken:
1. The first thing Will and I do when going on a listing appointment, is drop our gear, grab a tablet and go for a tour. I make notes along the way of little things that might be changed to make the home show in its best light.
2. This is when we go through the detailed market analysis and compare the value of your home with like homes in your neighborhood. We make adjustments as necessary for additions, conditions, and upgrades.
3. Once we determined the perfect selling price, we go through the listing agreements and disclosures.
4. As we cover the listing agreement, we make notes about inclusions, exclusions, possession dates, etc.
5. Once the ink is dry, I take a million photos of the interior and exterior while Will gets his handy laser measurer and measures each room. (He is usually gabbing with the husband at this time about how cool the laser measurer is).
6. Next is the lockbox. Will installs the lockbox while I give the WIFE the code to write down somewhere (just in case).
7. Next we install a professional yard sign in the front of the home with help from the husband to make sure Will doesn’t puncture any sprinkler lines. He then pulls out some appropriate sign riders and lets the seller help him pick out which one best fits the homes character ie: I’m Beautiful, Gorgeous Inside, Backs Open Space.
Publicizing the Home For Sale
1. Now that the paperwork is done, we quickly get to work spreading the word. I enter the listing into MLS and Will starts working on the color brochure. (Yes we still believe in flyers in front of the home). Before clicking on SUBMIT in MLS, I make sure to click on Prospect Reservation so that any Realtors with a saved criteria for which this home matches, will get an email notification of its arrival.
2. I put the “pretty” touches on the flyer and get them printed within 24 hours.
3. Will and I deliver a solar powered light up brochure box on the sign and fill it with flyers. Oh – did I mention that we make sure to have QR codes on our flyers in case that perfect buyer wants yet more information about the home… We also deliver a professional brochure stand and a copy of all of the signed disclosures to the interior of the home.
4. We set up the home for showings with the showing service and monitor the activity on our Smart Phones.
1. In today’s market, internet marketing is a must for any home. Studies have shown that over 75% of buyer’s look on the internet before contacting a Realtor. We do our best to have an extensive internet presence.
2. Blogging is an important tool in internet marketing. One of the first things we do is write a blog about the home and post it to ActiveRain, Blogger, WordPress and more. With all of the great folks we have bonded with in ActiveRain, that is our favorite platform to blog the arrival of this new listing.
3. Other websites we post our homes to are trulia.com, realbird.com, Realtor.com, MetroBrokersOnline.com and Zillow.com. Of course the listing does auto populate other sites as well.
1. Each time an agent shows the home, they are emailed three times asking for feedback about the showing. The rate of return on this feedback is about 50%. Whenever we receive feedback, we share that with our clients, but the best type of feedback is AN OFFER.
2. Weekly update calls or emails are made to each seller usually on Mondays to report the activity for the previous week and talk about the efforts that will be made in the upcoming week.
3. Updated market condition reports are analyzed to make sure the home is priced optimally. Any change in market price is discussed with the sellers.
1. Once an offer is received, Will works up a detailed seller’s net sheet. We analyze the financial aspects of the offer and the dates. We also communicate with the lender for the buyer to assure that the buyer will be able to obtain financing and meet the noted deadlines.
2. We review the offer in person to make sure every aspect of the transaction is reviewed, discussed and agreed upon. Otherwise, we then create a counterproposal using CTM eContracts which we can then quickly email back to the buyer’s agent.
3. Once the offer has been accepted by both parties, we order title work to be distributed to all interested parties.
4. We work with the buyer’s agent to coordinate the inspection and present the inspection objection with the list of items they buyer’s would like addressed before closing.
5. Once we are past the inspection process, we coordinate with the buyer’s lender for the appraisal. We meet the appraiser at the home with backup data just in case the appraiser needs more documentation.
6. Once the appraisal is received and signed off on, we coordinate the closing with all parties. In Colorado, the transaction funds at the table and it is typical for all parties to attend the closing.
After the Sale
1. Once the closing has occurred, we update the MLS with the sold information.
2. We are always available to answer any last minute questions post closing and always there to assist in the future.
Many times, you will hear clients talk about an agent who merely stuck a sign in the ground. When you hire Belinda and Will, you get full-time, professional service from the beginning to the very end.
Successfully selling homes in Colorado is not meant to be a part time job. It is a constant activity that requires full attention.
Will and I have been helping folks sell and buy homes since 1996. And with us – you get TWO for the price of one!