Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
If you are like me, you are busy, busy, busy! There are many chores that I "ignore" when time is short, but if I were planning to sell my home, I'd need to tackle them and make my house sparkle!
If you are considering selling your home, go ahead and start working on the list below. In just 30 days, your home will SHINE! Don't forget to continue with your everyday chores too! You will want your home to be "Show Ready" 24/7!
1. Clean the ceiling fan blades (all of them).
2. Use a damp cloth and wipe down all baseboards. I have heard that following with a fabric softener helps reduce dust build up in the future, but have never tried it myself.
3. Clean out the refrigerator! Be brutal and throw away all those condiments that you can't even remember buying or using! Don't forget to wipe down the outside too, dust the top and if you don't have it on your regular maintenance list.... Vacuum the coils!
4. Clean out the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. Follow by wiping down the doors and pulls.
5. Pressure Wash the drive and walkways. Clean the siding if necessary, being careful with wood or painted surfaces to avoid chipping or splintering.
6. Pull weeds from gardens, and plant a few colorful flowers near front door.
7. Repair any nail holes or damage to walls and touch up the paint.
8. Wipe down all door knobs and other hardware and polish if necessary.
9. Clean every window.... Inside & out!
10. Clean and organize bathroom cabinets and drawers.
11. Purge the pantry and clean, organize and show potential buyers just how much space is there!
12. Tackle the "honey do" list and fix all those small repairs. You know the ones, the loose door pull, the leaning mailbox, the creaky door hinge, etc.
13. Replace burnt out light bulbs and clean the fixtures while you're at it.
14. As annoying as it is..... clean the grout of your tile floors (and any other tiled surface).
15. Clean the microwave and the oven!
16. Take down curtains and drapes, clean them, and decide whether or not they should be re-hung! Natural light can be a BIG selling point!
17. Purge and de-clutter! If you just can't bring yourself to dispose of ANYTHING.... box it up and store it!
18. Clean and organize your closets! If you haven't worn it in 2 years, chances are, you will never wear it! Get rid of it by donating to a great cause in your area. Then, organize by length and color and it will look amazing! Box up your out of season shoes and clothing and show those buyers just how "roomy" that closet is!
19. Dust! And I mean EVERYTHING! The lamps, the picture frames, the ugly artificial plants & flowers.... EVERYTHING!
20. Vacuum every inch of every room. Under the beds, the sofas, behind the bookshelves, the corners of the ceiling, the air vents (and change the air filters)..... EVERY INCH!
21. Clean the garage. Take everything out (I know it's a big job), sweep, pressure wash the floors, repaint the floor if needed & possible, and then organize as you put the items back. Again, I want you to purge! Do you really need that broken leaf blower or those empty paint cans? Just do it.... It will feel Great!
22. If you store things in the attic or basement, you will need to clean and purge those areas too! Yep, buyers will look in your attic and if they choose to buy the home, a home inspector will appreciate clean and easy access!
23. Clean every sink, tub and toilet and re-caulk if needed.
24. Sweep and clean the patio or deck! If needed, clean any outdoor furniture. Add a couple of new cushions to the outdoor living area or maybe a few potted plants.
25. Clean the gutters, and the roof. Huge piles of pine straw or leaves scream "High Maintenance". If you do not feel comfortable, hire someone to tackle the roof for you..... It can be a dangerous job!
26. Wash all of your throw rugs, bedding, pillow covers, blankets, etc. It will help the home smell and look "fresh".
27. Clean the yard! Remove any fallen limbs or trash. Trim shrubs and branches from walkways and keep a clean path around the home. Keep the lawn mowed and raked and looking fabulous. Remember, first impressions are important!
28. I know you live in the home, but try to make it a little less "personal". If you have hundreds of family photos hanging around (I have them too), pack some up. The doll collection that has taken over the guest room, box that up too. By de-personalizing the home, buyers find it easier to imagine the house with their "stuff" in it.
29. Buy a laundry basket or bin for each family member and place in the laundry room or a closet for everyday pickup. When your REALTOR® calls you to schedule a showing, each family member grabs their basket/bin and runs around filling it with items that need to be put away. Then deliver the items to where they belong.
30. On this day, I want you to rest! Call your REALTOR®, let them know you want to sell your home and schedule a meeting. Tell them to go ahead and bring their camera, because the house is READY!
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.