Should a Buyer be Pre-Quailified BEFORE showing them any homes? This debate is not new and no 2 agents may ever agree. With a couple of featured blogs this week coming out against asking buyers this question it is ignited a new discussion. I have to admit that John did open my eyes to a new view on this matter. For the record I will not show buyers who are not pre-quailified. But I will ask a series of questions before I ask the "big one".
The debate is whether asking a buyer if they are pre-quailified "right off the bat", risks scaring them away?
I prefer to use a series of questions to guage whether a buyer is ready, willing and able to purchase a home before I show them any homes. The most important thing is my questions will change depending on a buyers answers.
1. Did you see the home online, in an ad or drive by it?
2. Are you working with another Real Estate Agent?
3. When are you looking to move?
4. Where are you moving from?
5. Do you have a home to sell?
6. Have you met with a Loan Officer to get pre-quailified
Now before the bashing begins for asking for too much information, I have not met any quailified buyers who refused to answer any of these easy questions. Sometimes you need to ask only 1 question before becomiing comfortable, sometimes it is 2 and sometimes it is all of them. I do not use any script written in stone, my conversation is guided by the potential buyer. The most important skill is to know when to talk and when to listen.
TIPS OF THE WEEK
WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU WANT TO BUY A HOME?
1. GET PREQUAILIFIED with a local and Trusted Loan Officer. The biggest factior in buying a home is whether you can get a mortgage, how much they will loan you, how much you will need for a down payment and closing costs and what price range you should be looking at.
2. HIRE A BUYER AGENT: Here in NH a buyer can usually hire a buyer agent at no cost to them. The Buyer Agent gets paid their commission from an amount the listing agent has possted in the MLS. As a buyer you really should have an agent who guides you through EACH step of the Buying process.
HOW DO YOU KNOW HOW TO HIRE A BUYER AGENT?
1. Choose a FULL TIME Agent. You want an agent whose sole job is working in Real Estate. You want to make sure they are available when needed to answer questions or be guiding you through the buying process.
2. Choose a Full Service Agent. Sure discount brokers may charge slightly less but you can get substantially LESS in the service you receive. You want someone guiding you trhough EACH step, not just the easy one's leaving you on your own through teh harder or stressful ones.
3. Choose a LOCAL agent. Too many agents from out of town and even out of state are looking for you to hire them. They may not know your area, your neighborhood, not know your children's schools, where you shop, which church you go to and may not be able to be there on a moments notice when needed.
4. Choose an Experienced Agent. Not every agent is experienced with all types of homes, areas and types of sales. Choose an Agent that is Experienced in SELLING Homes. It is what we do and what we do well.
5. Choose an agent who will ASSIST YOU THROUGH EACH STEP of the Buying process. There is nothing worse than being left to fend for yourself. Your agent should be there through each step, answering your questions, guiding you and giveing you peace of mind.
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE THROGHOUT EACH STEP OF THE LISTING AND SELLING PROCESS!!!
If you have a home to sell in NH and want an agent who will stand by you through every step of the selling process? I am your agent. If you want strangers through your house, list with a mega agent.
Please call for a FREE MARKET ANALYSIS to let you know what the value of your home is.
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale whcih may be able to help you.
Please try and avoid out of state or out of town agents and companies that make "out of this world promises". We are local agents with experience who never charge any up front fees. WE GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home.
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR BUYING A HOME
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR SELLING A HOME
ONE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE'S LEADING AGENTS FOR SHORT SALES AND BANK OWNED HOMES...
If you are Looking for a Real Estate Agent you have come to the right place. Scott Godzyk is a Full Time and Local agent ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the buying or selling process. We are proud to be locally owned and operated.
If you owe more than your house is worth, If you are behind in your payments, I may be able to help. Call me to find out how you may be able to sell your home at no additional cost to you.
Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of The Godzyk Real Estate Services located in Manchester NH. With 25 years of Real Estate experience Scott specializes in Listing and Selling Bank Owned Homes, Short Ssles, Residential Properties, Condominiums, New Construction and Investment Properties. Scott services the counties of Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Belknap. To contact Scott Godzyk please call 603-661-2121 or email email@example.com. his website is www.ScottSellsNH.com.