If you are selling your home or thinking of selling, now is the time to start a box for the next owner. Take one of those boxes you have been saving in the basement (check that it is clean and dry) and start putting in your items.
- All the appliance instructions and warranties
- The bills (cut off personal credit card info) and warranties for the major repairs (roof, driveway, etc)
- The extra keys to the house and the shed, etc (stick them in a zip lock bag with tags on each saying what they will open)
- Those restaurant fliers that you always toss but the next owners may love.
- A copy of the local community newsletter
- The names of the neighbours on all sides
- If you have time, and who does, make a list of your favourite places to go - restaurants, parks, library
- The coupon book that you bought and will never use because you are moving to a new location
- Anything that you won't need but the new owners may.
Photo credit: King Cake UPS Shipping Box