I often read about communities that go up against the cell phone giants for their placement of their towers. I always feel for the residents and think, isn't there a better location not in a residential area. This time my neighborhood in South Manchester NH is under attack once again for placement of a tower in a residential neighborhood.
AT&T is trying to build a 100 foot tower in a residential area off South Mammoth Road. The zoning board gave AT&T preliminary approval despite nearly EVERY single neighbor having a concern. Does the Manchester Water Works getting near a million dollars over time have anything to do with it?
Most towers are not approved for residential area's in a city and for good reason as they can bring down property values and cause an eye sore for those who have enjoyed peaceful neighborhood views for all their lives.
In my opinion there as Industrial and commercial areas that are within a mile in all directions that would not affect the residential area and there are already towers in some of those areas. Why cant they place them on top of what is already there??? It seems so simple but big industry and city politics just do not seem to care about the average person.
One of the thoughts was to place this tower just down the road on land owned by the city and houses an elementary and middle school. With schools hard up for dollars this could be a great plus to raise funds for these schools. The poiticians shot this down as they dont want "radiation" affecting the kids. Unless they are sitting on the tower, i dont see any study that radiation will affect any one from a tower.
One of the key questions was how much would a tower lower values. If i was a neighbor, any amount is too low but i dont have an exact answer, ill leave that for the professionals.
THE TOP QUESTION IS DO TOWERS BRING DOWN PROPERTY VALUES?
The easiest way to describeit is to put forth this scenario. You have 2 homes, same, age, same style, same size, same condition, sameroom count, same bedrooms, same school district and same lot size. One has a cell tower in it's back yard or within view. the other does not. Whoch one would a buyer choose more often. Of course the one without a tower. SO the home owner with a tower may not be able to sell. How do they sell, they lower their price until a buyer cares more about getting a great deal than the cell tower bothers them. Therefore the value of the home with a cell tower is worth less than that without one.
The other concern is safety, representatives said they would not place a light on top of it, however if they are using the same flawed airport study that planes do fly over the neighbrohood which excluded us from sound proofing, maybe they should come over on a cloudy day when planes take off to the East and see how low these planes that "dont fly over" the area really are.
What can you add about cell phone towers, property values and such... Please let me know
TIPS OF THE WEEK
WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU WANT TO BUY A HOME?
1. GET PREQUAILIFIED with a local and Trusted Loan Officer. The biggest factior in buying a home is whether you can get a mortgage, how much they will loan you, how much you will need for a down payment and closing costs and what price range you should be looking at.
2. HIRE A BUYER AGENT: Here in NH a buyer can usually hire a buyer agent at no cost to them. The Buyer Agent gets paid their commission from an amount the listing agent has possted in the MLS. As a buyer you really should have an agent who guides you through EACH step of the Buying process.
HOW DO YOU KNOW HOW TO HIRE A BUYER AGENT?
1. Choose a FULL TIME Agent. You want an agent whose sole job is working in Real Estate. You want to make sure they are available when needed to answer questions or be guiding you through the buying process.
2. Choose a Full Service Agent. Sure discount brokers may charge slightly less but you can get substantially LESS in the service you receive. You want someone guiding you trhough EACH step, not just the easy one's leaving you on your own through teh harder or stressful ones.
3. Choose a LOCAL agent. Too many agents from out of town and even out of state are looking for you to hire them. They may not know your area, your neighborhood, not know your children's schools, where you shop, which church you go to and may not be able to be there on a moments notice when needed.
4. Choose an Experienced Agent. Not every agent is experienced with all types of homes, areas and types of sales. Choose an Agent that is Experienced in SELLING Homes. It is what we do and what we do well.
5. Choose an agent who will ASSIST YOU THROUGH EACH STEP of the Buying process. There is nothing worse than being left to fend for yourself. Your agent should be there through each step, answering your questions, guiding you and giveing you peace of mind.
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE THROGHOUT EACH STEP OF THE LISTING AND SELLING PROCESS!!!
If you have a home to sell in NH and want an agent who will stand by you through every step of the selling process? I am your agent. If you want strangers through your house, list with a mega agent.
Please call for a FREE MARKET ANALYSIS to let you know what the value of your home is.
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale whcih may be able to help you.
Please try and avoid out of state or out of town agents and companies that make "out of this world promises". We are local agents with experience who never charge any up front fees. WE GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home.
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR BUYING A HOME
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR SELLING A HOME
ONE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE'S LEADING AGENTS FOR SHORT SALES AND BANK OWNED HOMES...
If you are Looking for a Real Estate Agent you have come to the right place. Scott Godzyk is a Full Time and Local agent ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the buying or selling process. We are proud to be locally owned and operated.
If you owe more than your house is worth, If you are behind in your payments, I may be able to help. Call me to find out how you may be able to sell your home at no additional cost to you.
Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of The Godzyk Real Estate Services located in Manchester NH. With 25 years of Real Estate experience Scott specializes in Listing and Selling Bank Owned Homes, Short Ssles, Residential Properties, Condominiums, New Construction and Investment Properties. Scott services the counties of Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Belknap. To contact Scott Godzyk please call 603-661-2121 or email email@example.com. his website is www.ScottSellsNH.com.