If a Buyer is not ready to purchase right now, but say in 18 months. Would you assist them now to start the Buying process? The scenario plays out like this, a buyer from another state is looking to move to Manchester NH for our great employment opportunities. The key is they can not move for 18 months because of a current work contract that expires then. They want to start exploring the area by looking at listings in neighborhood to narrow down what they like, what they don't and where they should look when they are ready to buy.
WOULD YOU HELP THEM?
They told me that several agents did not even answer their phone or return their messages or emails. They found me through my blog. Before I tell you what I proposed to them. I would like to explore the options an agent has to review before accepting a client like this
The largest problem is if they are not buying for 18 months, it is alot of time and resources to out into a buyer without any guarantee they would even purchase from me when it was time. In the past I have always preached that assisting the tougher clients is what seperates agents from GREAT Buyer Agents.
I let them know what the process for buying was. I told them what I could do to assist them. I let them know that I stand by them through each step of the buying process. I told them with me, I tell it like it is. I believe in being straight forward. I then told them my concern about having no guarantee they would even buy from me in 18 months. I let them know they would have to sign a Buyer Broker ageement for 24 months. It protects me and outlines my services.
On the conference call the wife asked what would protect them. As I let them know that this covered them buying here in NH it insures them that 1 agent would be giving them their all. The husband interupted and said "As we were talking, I read your blogs. I LOVE everything you stand for and LOVE the way you work. He then said he LOVED the fact that I said i would assist them through EACH step of the buying process. He added that I have many positive comments and we choose to work with you. Please email the Buyer broker agreement.
In Conclusion when I represent a client i give them my all. In return i ask the client to be loyal to me. Unfortanately it takes a contract to insure that so there is no doubt my duties to them and their duties to me. This case worked out well as the buyer was very happy to have someone that would give them 18 months of assistance to guide them, educate and assist them through EACH step of the Buying process.
They took my advice and they are getting pre-quailifed today so they know how to mainatin their credit and how much they need to save for buying day.
TIPS OF THE WEEK
WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU WANT TO BUY A HOME?
1. GET PREQUAILIFIED with a local and Trusted Loan Officer. The biggest factior in buying a home is whether you can get a mortgage, how much they will loan you, how much you will need for a down payment and closing costs and what price range you should be looking at.
2. HIRE A BUYER AGENT: Here in NH a buyer can usually hire a buyer agent at no cost to them. The Buyer Agent gets paid their commission from an amount the listing agent has possted in the MLS. As a buyer you really should have an agent who guides you through EACH step of the Buying process.
HOW DO YOU KNOW HOW TO HIRE A BUYER AGENT?
1. Choose a FULL TIME Agent. You want an agent whose sole job is working in Real Estate. You want to make sure they are available when needed to answer questions or be guiding you through the buying process.
2. Choose a Full Service Agent. Sure discount brokers may charge slightly less but you can get substantially LESS in the service you receive. You want someone guiding you trhough EACH step, not just the easy one's leaving you on your own through teh harder or stressful ones.
3. Choose a LOCAL agent. Too many agents from out of town and even out of state are looking for you to hire them. They may not know your area, your neighborhood, not know your children's schools, where you shop, which church you go to and may not be able to be there on a moments notice when needed.
4. Choose an Experienced Agent. Not every agent is experienced with all types of homes, areas and types of sales. Choose an Agent that is Experienced in SELLING Homes. It is what we do and what we do well.
5. Choose an agent who will ASSIST YOU THROUGH EACH STEP of the Buying process. There is nothing worse than being left to fend for yourself. Your agent should be there through each step, answering your questions, guiding you and giveing you peace of mind.
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE THROGHOUT EACH STEP OF THE LISTING AND SELLING PROCESS!!!
If you are thinking of buying a Home please contact us. We offer you assistance to get a free pre-quailification for a mortgage,along with some of the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE through each step of the Buying Process.
Please call for a FREE MARKET ANALYSIS to let you know what the value of your home is.
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale whcih may be able to help you.
Please try and avoid out of state or out of town agents and companies that make "out of this world promises". We are local agents with experience who never charge any up front fees. WE GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home.
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR BUYING A HOME
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR SELLING A HOME
SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS!!!
ONE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE'S LEADING AGENTS FOR SHORT SALES AND BANK OWNED HOMES...
If you are Looking for a Real Estate Agent you have come to the right place. Scott Godzyk is a Full Time and Local agent ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the buying or selling process. We are proud to be locally owned and operated.
If you owe more than your house is worth, If you are behind in your payments, I may be able to help. Call me to find out how you may be able to sell your home at no additional cost to you.
Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of The Godzyk Real Estate Services located in Manchester NH. With 25 years of Real Estate experience Scott specializes in Listing and Selling Bank Owned Homes, Short Ssles, Residential Properties, Condominiums, New Construction and Investment Properties. Scott services the counties of Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Belknap. To contact Scott Godzyk please call 603-661-2121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. his website is www.ScottSellsNH.com.