Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Many years ago, one of my clients asked me why I kept looking at my watch. I was not even aware I was doing it, well maybe I was. He then said, "if where you need to be is more important, than where you are, maybe that is where you need to be." How embarrassing. I took off my watch that day and have never worn one since.
I decided to take a good hard look at how many things I thought I could do at the same time and came to the conclusion, I was making a horrible mistake. That if I was doing this with my clients, who else was I doing it with?
I went to work asking my wife, kids, family, friends and employees. I didn’t really like what I was hearing. Wow, what a rude awakening.
I contacted the client that initially pointed out and thanked him for have the courage to say something and how much of an impact his words are going to make in my life. That was nearly 40 years ago and we have been friends ever since.
Learn from my mistake, so you don’t have to make as many of your own.
Healthy Body, Healthy Business: Prime Your Mind for Improved Productivity
By: Zoe Eisenberg
Just like it would be difficult to drive your car down a road littered with safety cones and large debris, working with a cluttered mind is not conducive to bettering your business. When you’re not able to focus, mistakes are made, phone calls go unreturned, and paperwork begins to back up. But how can you make sure your mind is in its peak performance? Don’t worry, I’m not going to tell you to meditate! Read the following ohm-free tips to get your brain in its best shape ever. Your business will thank you for it!
1. Stop multitasking. While multitasking may seem like it’s a business boon, it can actually stretch your attention thin. Results from a study conducted by researchers at Stanford showed heavy multi-taskers have trouble keeping tasks separate and cusing focusing on their current project. Their brains were stuck on whatever they were working on before. By going in a handful of different directions at once, you’re not giving 100 percent to any project at any time. Free up your mental real estate by making a to-do list and ranking it by priority. Now go ahead and thrill yourself as you check off your tasks one-by-one.
2. Stand up. Studies show that sitting all day is bad for your health, even if you’re active outside the office. To give your brain an oxygen boost (and refresh your creativity) be sure to stand up at least once an hour. Stretch, briefly chat up a coworker, or take a quick loop around the office to get the blood flowing. Having trouble remembering to take standing breaks? Set an alarm.
3. Sleep. A good night’s sleep is crucial to proper brain function, and studies suggest that getting less than six hours of sleep per night can raise your cortisol levels, making you more stressed out. Additionally, sleep deprivation will put a damper on your mental performance, and make even the easiest of tasks—like a 15-minute progress meeting or lunch with a client—seem difficult.
4. Play – While scientists are still determining whether mental games ( hello, weekly crosswords!) can boost your brain function, it has been shown that letting loose and shaking off stress will allow you to better focus when you return to business as usual. So make the most of your time off; power-down your smartphone and enjoy a playdate with family or friends. When you do return to the office, you will focus better than if you spent your weekend worrying about work.
5. Sweat – While you may know exercise will keep you fit, did you know it can also keep your brain healthy? Studies have shown that those who exercise regularly remember more, think clearer and often perform better on cognitive tests than those who are sedentary. Whether it’s the increased blood flow or the rise in stress-busting serotonin, breaking a sweat regularly will be good for your body, your brain, and your business.
Joe Petrowsky does not guarantee nor is in any way responsible for the accuracy of the information provided herein, and provides said information without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied.
Equal Housing Statement: We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing becuase of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.