I made this Banana Nut Bread with Cinnamon-Hazelnut Glaze today and posted this picture on my Facebook wall... the recipe was requested! A shameless way to get comments and likes! :-)
Banana Nut Bread with Cinnamon-Hazelnut Glaze
4 Cups Flour
2 Cups nuts walnuts or pecans, roasted for 10 min. then chopped.
1 ½ Cups Sugar
1 ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
6-7 Very ripe bananas mashed
¾ Cup plain or Greek yogurt
1 ½ Sticks of butter-- Melted and then browned in pan. Be careful not to burn it. Just stir and cook over med. heat until it begins to brown, then remove from heat and cool.
2 ½ Teaspoons Vanilla
Cinnamon- Hazelnut Glaze:
2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese, room temperature
4 Tablespoons milk or cream
1 Tablespoon Italian Hazelnut Syrup (for coffee)
¾ Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Whisk all glaze ingredients together and set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 large loaf pans, or several smaller pans with non-stick spray.
2. Roast nuts on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Cool and chop.
3. In a mixing bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and nuts.
4. Mix the mashed bananas, vanilla, yogurt, eggs and butter.
5. Fold in the dry ingredients and then fill pans to ¾ full. Decorate the top with whole nuts.
6. Bake small pans for 40- 45 min. and large pans 50-55 min.
7. Remove from oven to rack, poke toothpick holes in the top and brush with Cinnamon-Hazelnut Glaze.
Check out more ActiveRain Recipes and support Habitat for Humanity by downloading the ActiveRain Cookbook!
More of my favorite recipes visit: LivetheDesertLife.com/recipes