A Buyer in the Manchester NH area asked a unique question yesterday. They asked "if they could make offers on more than one property at the same time?" To clarify I asked if they wanted to say make an offer on 1 Main Street and then before it gets either accepted or rejected to make an offer 2 Anywhere Street? They said yes exactly. They wanted to make offers on homes until one gets accepted.
With a deep breath I began to explain to them why this was not a good idea. The first question I have for you Mrs. Buyer is "Are you prepared to Buy more than 1 home right now?"
Well of course not, I only want to buy 1 home states Mrs. buyer.
Mrs. Buyer than you should be making only 1 offer at a time. When that offer is no longer active, you should then make an offer on your second choice.
Mrs. Buyer getting testy replies "I do no want to wait, I do not have time to wait, I need a home now." She then adds "Mr. Agent I do not know why you have a problem as my other agents have never had a problem with me putting in several offers at a time."
OTHER AGENTS? As my hands go up and red flags wave as they were in the path of a Hurricane. One of my first questions was are they working with another agent. So the correct question was are you working with more than 1 agent maybe???
They still did not see a problem with putting more than 1 offer on a home at one time. I was not going tog et through to them so I let them know to make an offer I would need them to sign the Purchase and sales agreement, I would need a good faith deposit to accompany the offer and would need their pre-quailiffication letter.
"We did not need any of those things with Mrs. Big national agent down the road - she took our offers without getting a deposit or pre-quailifciation. We have made several offers the last couple of months, She said we could do that after our offer was accepted." stated Mrs. Buyer.
"Mrs. Buyer who are you pre-quailified through again?" I ask (having asked that in my initial conversation getting a different answer raisng flag number 2).
"We have not met with anyone, we told Mrs big national agent and she said we were fine." says Mrs. Buyer which then followed up with Mrs. big national agent is alot easier to work with than you.
Well Mrs. Buyer "that is becuase I do things the RIGHT WAY." Mrs. Buyer replies "well I do not like your way." Well Mrs buyer "I can not help you." When I work with a buyer I offer them my full service and expertise to assist them through each step of the buying process. There are no short cuts when buying.
In Conclusion Mrs Buyer went back to Mrs big national agent where they continue to make offers. They actually had the nerve to try to put an offer in on one of my new listings. It came in the method of a phone call. When I told Mrs big national agent all offers have to be in writing and accompanied with a deposit and a pre-quailification letter, she huffed and puffed that she did not have time for that. This is a prime lesson for buyers and even sellers to choose a full time and full ervice agent that will take the time to assist them through each step of the Buying or Selling process. You can take a short cut and get shorted on the service you will receive.
How do you think that will work out?
TIPS OF THE WEEK
WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU WANT TO BUY A HOME?
1. GET PREQUAILIFIED with a local and Trusted Loan Officer. The biggest factior in buying a home is whether you can get a mortgage, how much they will loan you, how much you will need for a down payment and closing costs and what price range you should be looking at.
2. HIRE A BUYER AGENT: Here in NH a buyer can usually hire a buyer agent at no cost to them. The Buyer Agent gets paid their commission from an amount the listing agent has possted in the MLS. As a buyer you really should have an agent who guides you through EACH step of the Buying process.
HOW DO YOU KNOW HOW TO HIRE A BUYER AGENT?
1. Choose a FULL TIME Agent. You want an agent whose sole job is working in Real Estate. You want to make sure they are available when needed to answer questions or be guiding you through the buying process.
2. Choose a Full Service Agent. Sure discount brokers may charge slightly less but you can get substantially LESS in the service you receive. You want someone guiding you trhough EACH step, not just the easy one's leaving you on your own through teh harder or stressful ones.
3. Choose a LOCAL agent. Too many agents from out of town and even out of state are looking for you to hire them. They may not know your area, your neighborhood, not know your children's schools, where you shop, which church you go to and may not be able to be there on a moments notice when needed.
4. Choose an Experienced Agent. Not every agent is experienced with all types of homes, areas and types of sales. Choose an Agent that is Experienced in SELLING Homes. It is what we do and what we do well.
5. Choose an agent who will ASSIST YOU THROUGH EACH STEP of the Buying process. There is nothing worse than being left to fend for yourself. Your agent should be there through each step, answering your questions, guiding you and giveing you peace of mind.
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE THROGHOUT EACH STEP OF THE LISTING AND SELLING PROCESS!!!
If you are thinking of buying a Home please contact us. We offer you assistance to get a free pre-quailification for a mortgage,along with some of the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE through each step of the Buying Process.
Please call for a FREE MARKET ANALYSIS to let you know what the value of your home is.
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale whcih may be able to help you.
Please try and avoid out of state or out of town agents and companies that make "out of this world promises". We are local agents with experience who never charge any up front fees. WE GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home.
MY RECENT NEIGHBORHOOD REPORTS
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR BUYING A HOME
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR SELLING A HOME
ONE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE'S LEADING AGENTS FOR SHORT SALES AND BANK OWNED HOMES...
If you are Looking for a Real Estate Agent you have come to the right place. Scott Godzyk is a Full Time and Local agent ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the buying or selling process. We are proud to be locally owned and operated.
If you owe more than your house is worth, If you are behind in your payments, I may be able to help. Call me to find out how you may be able to sell your home at no additional cost to you.
Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of The Godzyk Real Estate Services located in Manchester NH. With 25 years of Real Estate experience Scott specializes in Listing and Selling Bank Owned Homes, Short Ssles, Residential Properties, Condominiums, New Construction and Investment Properties. Scott services the counties of Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Belknap. To contact Scott Godzyk please call 603-661-2121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. his website is www.ScottSellsNH.com.