Here is a list of horse property homes and parcels for sale in the Black Hills near Rapid City
WHAT IS A "HORSE PROPERTY"?
It is often a home or vacant parcel that has these features:
- The vegetation is not toxic and the soil is productive, not over-grazed
- The ground is not too steep or rocky (for hoof safety), or muddy (e.g., shale)
- Covenants and county rules allow a reasonable number of horses (and perhaps complementary animals)
- There is room to maneuver a horse trailer
- Accessible by loaded horse trailer during rain (mud) and snow.
- Fencing is in, in good shape, or feasible and horse-friendly
- There is water and power to horse pens and all buildings
- Hopefully there are stables, tack storage, hay storage, maybe even a round pen and windbreaks, perhaps an arena.
- Ideally, there is nearby or adjacent access to riding trails.
- You and your horse will simply like it.
VACANT-LAND HORSE PROPERTIES FOR SALE
As of this post we have about 30 vacant parcels listed as horse property acreage. These all have at least 10 acres, listed as either farm/ranch or residential lots, and "in the hills" within about 30 minutes from Rapid City. Here is a link to those vacant land horse properties listed on the Black Hills MLS.
BLACK HILLS HOMES WITH HORSE PROPERTY FOR SALE
To unfortunate surprise, the Black Hills MLS, in the middle of ranch country, does not provide even a yes/no box to check whether a home is considered a horse property. But we do currently have about 65 homes with horse property for sale in the Black Hills around Rapid City that have the word "horse" in the seller's property description.
YOUR NEXT STEP
It should be apparent by now that, unfortunately, here in ranch country, the best way if not the only way to search for horse property and land for sale in the Black Hills is to seek out an expert agent. One who loves this market, tracks it, walks it, buys it, specializes in it, knows who else is in it, has advanced formal education about it, and solid contacts with the State University's college of agriculture. (There aren't many of us in South Dakota who can say that.)
Find your Black Hills dream home at Rapid City Search .com