In this "I" OR "E" world pictures speaks and sells the home even before the buyers comes to preview your Northern Virginia home.
Here are some tips to get your home ready to be say cheeseeee:
- Move any of your vehicles parked from driveway, curb/front of your home to a side street or near by parking lot.
- Remove trash cans, recycling bins, toys and/or anything that is lying around your yard.
- Give your grass a cut, trim the edges and low hanging tree brachnes, water the flowers and remove weeds from walk way or planters.
- Clean the Windows! Believe me... it really helps a home "POP"
- Wet the patio or concrete walk way couple hours before the photo session.
- Remove any Calendars, magnets from the refrigerator or walls.
- Clear all counter tops. - No scrubbers, soap, coffee marker, microwave, toaster ovens.
- Clear all the cereal boxes or any storage over the refrigerator.
- Add fresh flowers that will pop the color in the picture.
- Clean appliances, glass tables or displays and cabinets very well - Dirty appliances or furniture will look smudged with flash cameras.
- Hide trashcan from Kitchen.
- Toilet lids must be down.
- Shin the mirror.
- Replace all burnt out light bulbs and clean the light fixture.
- Remove toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, lotion bottles and trashcans.
Through out the home:
- Open all drapes and blinds on windows.
- Move the furniture that obstructs windows or light coming into a room.
- Turn all ceiling fans OFF.
- Turn all inside lights ON. This will help balance the light in most areas.
- Turn all Televisions OFF, and clean them very well.
- Make Beds my personal preference is a clean, crisps white linen think about hotel room when you walk in.
- Open doors between rooms to give an open feeling when possible.
- Remove ALL evidence of pets and your pets from the picture.
- Unplug hanging Cords! Unless it is for security or light unplug the clutter.
- Replace any burnt out light bulbs.
- No shoes, umbrella , hand bag, book bags by doors or anywhere... Place them in the closet.