Feng Shui Game Plan on How to Deal with a Negative Person You Know
It's a good idea to have games plans for certain situations in all of our lives. One of the best times, is when you have to be around a negative person that you know always criticizes or puts you down. This is the worst...but it doesn't have to be.
We have all dealt with situations such as this, so here are some simple steps with how you can deflect their negative energy.
Follow the Feng Shui Game plan on how to communicate with a negative person whom you already know:
1. Assess the person you will be encountering. More then likely, you already know their personality, temperaments, how they think and act. You may even notice (if you pay close attention) that negative individual tends to back off and leave you alone when you are surround by other positive groupings. Take careful note off all these observations and run them through your mind. If it helps, make note of them on a piece of paper.
2. Play a video in your mind of when you meet this person how they will act and what they will say. This advice may sound anti Feng Shui, but please trust me when I tell you to do this. Think about all the negative things this individual will possibly say to you and how they will act out (if that happens). You are creating different scenarios, even ones that may seem impossible. Make a list or keep it well noted in your mind. As you go through your inner minds movie, take notice with how your emotions respond to your thoughts. You may start to feel angry, upset, sad...that is all natural. You want the feelings to bubble up to the surface because this exercises is preparing your mind, emotions and physical response (not reaction) with what to expect.
3. This is the time to fine tune your mental, emotional and psychical response to what that negative person will say and do. Take your notes from step 1-2 and review them. One by one, maneuver though your mind how you will respond to that negative person's various approaches towards you. Repeat your response until you feel a calmness in with your mind, emotions and even physical response. May I suggest you keep your response short and sweet, keep it basic. Think KISS, "keep it stupid simple."
4. Decide on how long you wish to visit. If you are going to a party, you should stay at least for an hour. Make your rounds, chat it up, show support and then check out.
This is you, you create a bubble (if you will) of happiness
Example of a negative scenario:
You are going to a party and you know that negative person will be there. BUT, no worries. You have already been at that party ;) You already know what to expect and even expect the unexpected because that is the type of person they are. You know other positive people will be there so you game plan is all set.
You maneuver with ease through that party. Go to the negative individual first (get it out of the way) say," hello, it's good to see you, I cant stay long do to prior engagements but I wanted to stop by to show my support and say hi to old friends. Thank you again for inviting me." (If you wish a gentle touch on their shoulder as you walk past them, do so, you will know if that is appropriate) and move on. If they try to start a conversation, you already know what they will say. Remember, keep your response short and sweet, and remember to Smile :) If you see someone out of the corner of your eye you wish to speak with, keep talking and then just say, "oo I see ....., I want to say hello to them before I leave, please excuse me" and move on.
Keep yourself moving and interacting with others who are of a positive surrounding. Stay for about an hour and then exit. If you do not have a means of transportation, set that up just so you have an ending point. Haing a game plan makes things much easier.
If you need more practice, play out whatever scenario you will encounter in your mind and say your response out loud. This can be an empowering exercises because now, you have physical stated your response.
Everyone's situation will be different, but this is a basic example of how you can prepare and get ready. This tactic can be used at work, dealing with difficult customers or clients, family members and usually friends of friends.
Spiritual enhancments after completing the party:
- Return home, take a shower and wash away any negativity you may have picked up during your time there.
- Drink some tea to calm the inside of your body, some may even perform mediation to ease their spirit and release
- If you have this option, call up your friends, family or those who you love to be around so that you may end the day on a really positive note
Dealing with those whom you just met and exhude negative energy is a different ball game so here is that game plan in Part 2
*Carole Provenzale was a Certified Feng Shui Consultant who graduated from the Country's very first School for Feng Shui Studies that was licensed and accredited in 1997. Her Daughter, the second generation of Certified feng Shui consultants provides on site Feng Shui Consultations Long Island NY, Queens New York and New York City -Hamptons NY.
New York Feng Shui Manhattan New York City Manhattan NYC Consultant Laura Cerrano is a Second Generation Certified Feng Shui Consultant who has trained with Feng Shui Long Island and Masters from across the Country including Shamans to incorporate Native American beliefs and Space Clearings into her Feng Shui Consulting Firm, Feng Shui Manhattan New York City NY. After co-consulting on site for many years Laura began her own business in 2000 and has a strong client base in New York City, New York, Long Island NY, Queens, Brooklyn, New Jersey and the rest of the New York Tri-State area.
Copyright © 2012 Feng Shui LI and Feng Shui Manhattan, All Rights Reserved