How To Get Your Home Market Ready--In Any Season
Here we are already at the end of the 3rd quarter of the year, moving extremely fast toward the cooler/colder time of the year. You may be asking yourself "Should I put my home on the market Now or Wait?" There is so much to be said about this time of the year that lends itself to selling your home, for example, all of the different smell of fresh baked pies and desserts, all of the different holiday decorations, etc. The buyers are serious and there is less inventory to choose from meaning there is LESS competition.
Do homes sell this time of the year? Most definitely they do and so will yours if you keep in mind a few simple rules.
- Curb appeal....How does your property look from the curb? If potential buyers don't like the looks of the house from the curb, they become disappointed and often times won't go in the house. This is their FIRST IMPRESSION of your home so have it stand out.
- Clutter....eliminate it everywhere: closets, garage, attic, each room, yard, etc. You want to show off the size of the rooms as much as possible.
- Clean....everywhere and everything. People value cleanliness...both in what they see and smell.
- Character and Charm....what makes your property special - little touches of decorating such as flower arrangements in a room, fire in the fireplace can all contribute to a special feeling. Along those same lines you want to depersonalize as much as possible too.
- Critique your home objectively....how does it compare to others in the area? What are your property's strengths and potential weaknesses? Make the strengths stand out!!
- Cost vs. Value....spend money in the right places and on the right items to get your home "market ready".
So, if you are thinking about placing your home on the market in St Charles County, MO give Don Rogers CDPE, GRI a call at 636-229-8865 today and schedule a time to sit down and start the process.
What a GREAT time of the year to buy and sell a home!!