It's amazing when a buyer prospect calls you and, after talking to them generally, you find that you have so much in common.
One of the things I like about real estate is that you meet so many people, all different. Because I always try to find out more about them - besides their financials - this leads into areas that have nothing to do with real estate but all about...
Although our inclination is to get right down to it:
1. What are you looking for specifically?
2. How much are you pre-qualified for?
WE GET INTO THESE OTHER AREAS THAT ARE EQUALLY IMPORTANT:
1. Do you know this area? Have you actually been up here before?
2. Do you know if you want to (1) build (2) fliP or (2) actually live there?
3. How much have you pre-qualified for? (I know, this is the second time I ask this, but it's important!)
INSTEAD WE GET CONVERSATIONS LIKE:
1. You want to come up here to view these properties with your cats?
2. What kind do you have? (This has nothing to do with anything, but you are roped in...)
3. What kind are they? Maine Coons? (At this point you swap stories.)
THE RESULT? YOU HAVE BONDED!!!
Yes, when this buyer-to-be gets back to you, she remembers that you have something in common!!