Many real estate agents adore their home office. And why not, it's convenient and they don't even have to get dressed to go to work.
But being a real estate agent can be a very isolating business and if you're not careful it is easy to become trapped in your own little home office bubble. That's why I highly recommend that you try to spend a little time in your broker's office...and here's why:
1. Training - If you are fortunate enough to work with a broker who offers training, outside of continuing education courses, you need to take advantage of that training. Not only will you learn about how the real estate business is changing, you will learn about new business practices and hear how you can improve and grow your business.
2. Business Meetings - Most brokers conduct a weekly sales meeting or business meeting. This is an excellent opportunity for you to hear what your colleagues are saying about market conditions and share some of the challenges you may have been facing when working with your clients.
3. Interact With Other Agents - You need to know and interact with other agents because you may need their help at some point. If you have more than one listing you may need help with an open house. You'll need to know which agents are reliable and competent to help you. It's also interesting to hear what other agents are doing and perhaps you can learn something new.
4. Help Someone Else - Just like you can learn from the other agents in your office, those agents can learn from you as well. Take the time to help some of the newer agents in your office. Help them understand that we all go through some challenging times and that they will get through it. It's important for them to hear this from you.
You Are Not Alone
My point is this, if you stay isolated in your own little world too long you may lose some sense of reality. It is important to have someone to bounce ideas off of. And for your own sanity it's nice to know that you aren't the only agent going through a difficult time or that other agents are facing some of the same challenges you are. I'm not saying that misery loves company, but it is nice to know that you are not alone.
- 5 Things You May Want To Improve
- Nothing is New
- It's All About Your Attitude
- What's Holding You Back From Achieving Greatness
- Be Your Best You
Real-Life Real Estate Training – The Training You Need, When You Need It
- Have you struggled turning contacts into clients?
- Are you working hard, but hardly making any money?
- Are you beginning to think you made a bad career choice?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions you are in the right place! The Real-Life Real Estate Training program was designed to transform you and your business so that you achieve your goals. It doesn’t matter what stage in your real estate career you are in…new, experienced, or somewhere in between, our systems will help you focus your time, energy and effort on the right areas of your business.
The Real-Life Real Estate Training program was designed by an active real estate agent, so our program is totally realistic, doable and easy to put into action immediately.
My name is Candy Miles-Crocker and I’d love to talk to you if you still have some questions or need additional information. Fill out my online contact form or give me a call at (202) 669-1924. Check out what our valued clients have said about us on our testimonials page.
Let’s Go to Work!