Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Every week I talk to home owners who are thinking about selling their house. We get to know each other a little bit and eventually we get down to the nitty gritty of why they want to sell their home. Once we get the motivation for selling out in the open, we can move to the elements of a marketing plan that will help them meet their “life” goals.
Houses are a menagerie of financial asset, emotional treasure chest and sanctuary. This schitzophrenic combination makes the process of moving to a new home a less than logical process for most families. My job, help families sort out emotions so we can move on the process of competing in a dog eat dog real estate marketplace.
When families have worked out the emotional side of the home selling equation, we can move on to the business side of the equation.
Here are my top ten things you can do to sell your home quickly right now in the Atlanta real estate market:
1. Remove personal items from the house. De-clutter shelves, closets, countertops etc. Remove the photos, most of the knick knacks and all of the “stuff” that has accumulated in these very public locations. Have a yard sale, carry stuff to Goodwill, give them away or box them up and carry them to a storage unit. But get them out of the way. And furniture needs to be “thinned out” as well. Less furniture will make a room look bigger.
2. Clean, clean, clean. Ceramic tile needs to be sparkling and the grout needs to be totally clean. Re-finish hardwood floors if you want to really make a statement. Replace worn carpet. Shampoo newer carpet. The kitchen needs to look like a photograph from a magazine: sparkling clean.
3. Windows need to be “revealed”. Take down heavy curtains. Remove clunky blinds. If your window treatment is updated and new ….great. If you have older window treatments, just remove them and let the window do the talking. Remove any storm windows or screens. Clean the windows. Yes, clean the windows. Now notice the light filling the room..
4. Shrubs and trees need to be pruned, cut back and looking neat. Cut back overgrown shrubs. Remove low limbs on trees. Go the the street and then look at your street from the curb. Can you see the house? This is how a potential buyer will view your home, either on the Internet through photos or driving by your home. If they can’t see it you have eliminated a large percentage of potential buyers.
5. Let there be light! Replace light bulbs. We need lots of light to show your home. DO you have some outdated light fixtures or some that are not working. These fixtures need to be replaced. Go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy some “sale” fixtures. An electrician will install them for about $25 a fixture. Get it done. The more light the better.
6. Odors and smells are deal killers for real estate agents. They have to go. Nothing says “honey we need to move on to the next house” like the smell of cat urine. Mold, mildew, pet odors, and their cousins have to be eliminated to sell your home for the most money. Find the source of the odor and eliminate it.
7. Paint overcomes a multitude of sins. The number one way to make a room look fresh and inviting is to put on a new coat of neutral paint. The room will open up and be suddenly larger and brighter. All because of a $20 bucket of paint and some elbow grease. Neutral colors are a must. As a bonus, the fresh paint will help you eliminate odors.
8. Kitchen appliances are the marker of the value of your home. If your kitchen appliances are old and beat up, you will be judged accordingly. If you have brand new stainless steel finish appliances you will receive a high mark. If you are somewhere in between, you will be graded on the curve. Appliances are a hot button for today’s home buyers.
9. EASY Access for home buyers and real estate agents. Your home needs to be on a SUPRA lockbox so a real estate agent can easily show your home. Agents need to give you a courtesy call, leave you a message detailing the time and date they plan to show and then you need to be gone and out of the way when the house is shown. There is really no alternative in today’s marketplace. Unless your home is in the million plus range, appointment only is a deal killer. And home buyers do NOT want to see you around the house when they are trying to evaluate your home. Go to a movie, go shopping but GO.
10. Price your home realistically. The highest price ever reached for a home is your neighborhood IS NOT the way to price your home to sell in the current marketplace. Look and see what homes have SOLD for in your neighborhood in the past three months and use this as your guide for correctly pricing your home to sell. NOTE: this is not what homes are currently listed at, not what your bank appraisal says the “value” is, and not what your cousin told you it should sell for.
Atlanta real estate news from Atlanta real estate agent Sally English.
Sally English and the English Team specialize in neighborhoods convenient to EMORY UNIVERSITY, CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL and VA MEDICAL CENTER.
Call or text 404-229-2995
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.