Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
If you're like me, you know the importance of utilizing video in your real estate business, but are either nervous to get started, or have created some videos that just aren't where you would like them to be. Well...I say, I just need to get over that and get out there and do them! I mean...remember the first listing presentation? Your first offer? Oh..my guess is that after doing it for a while you've learned what works..what to leave in..or take out or how to handle all those objections much better. I'm thinking video is like this as well.
With a bunch of agents brainstorming at a recent workshop about great ideas for using video (beside video home tours) ..this is what we came up with:
2. Localism posts, neighborhood business opening, little league games, etc.
3. Timely alerts such as market statistics each week or anything new about your business that you want to share.
4. Hobbies and Passions. You are not just about real estate right? I know I like to garden, so perhaps I'll make a garden pot for the winter...and then another for spring and video it
5. Anything animal related. People just love their pets! Debb Janes knows this by taking Mac with her on her on her video treks.
6. Buying and Selling tips
7. Client success stories. If you get your clients permission (yes, there is an app for that), ask them to be on video right after closing when they are the most happy with you!
8. Special events
9. Unique home feature videos. Does your listing have a special feature that you don't normally see?
10. Humorous or self-deprecating videos. One agent was saying how he always wears a vest..so his office mates all spoke on video about the oddness of his vests or how about those bloopers?
11. Biograpy video..a little about you and why you became a real estate agent.
12. Video local parks and areas of interest in a city or neighborhood. Check out Richard Yates' great examples. You can add this same footage in with listings in the same neighborhood, but only need to shoot video of the home.
13. If you have video e-mail which I am now fortunate to have, you can send quick video's to your sphere and clients. I just made a quick video requesting my past clients go in and rate or refer me on Trulia and Zillow by adding the link right there in the e-mail. I'm thinking of other ways to use this...like perhaps creating one with me doing the "happy dance" for them when I get the call that their home has recorded. I can use the same video, just put a personal note in the mail message. My mind is just going with thinking of the many ways I can utilize this!
14. Preview homes for out of state clients using video. You've learned what kind of home they like, so when you see one that would be something you know they'd like..give them their own video tour.
15. Use screen shot video to walk people through your website or any other tutorial.
I know there are just so many more, so please feel free to add to this list! Now..I need to get busy working through this list to use video covering the Portland Metro neighborhoods!
**Disclaimer: I am a video novice and FAR from an expert. My videos are shaky, I bob & tilt my head when I talk and have a strong tendency to ramble on..so I am right there with you in wanting to learn and hone these skills!
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.