Art is subjective. It is can be difficult to choose it objectively. Art tends to have a strong emotional impact. It appeals to the creative right brain. That's a great thing when selecting it for personal use and enjoyment.
The left brain relates to art by trying to quantify and qualify, it seeks to make a logical decision about it. We need to balance left and right brain processes when selecting art for staging. It isn't the usual way we buy art, so can feel somewhat alien making a 'logical' decision where an emotive one is the usual criteria. (Sorry! but it's why A-types tend to need creatives to help them - a good thing! )
Autumn Elegance II
Affordable Art Prints for Interiors & Staging
The use and selection of art in Property Presentation can feel even more challenging when trying to fit it to the wider base of prospective buyers. So what qualifies art for Staging Property?
Who are the buyers? Art in a family home will differ from that in a seniors community. Likewise, young urban professionals will have a different slant than their established counterparts in the 'burbs.
What is the decor? While mixing is always better than 'matching', the style should always be taken into account. Avante Garde modern art will rarely fit tradional decor well - and vice versa.
What is the Buyers Taste? Ah. Now here's the rub.
Autumn Elegance I
Affordable Framed, Canvas Mount, Fine Giclee
After establishing the first two points, the next considerations involve some fine tuning to appeal to as wide as audience as possible, staying within the market segment.
- Color and image appeal to emotion
- Clear Clean Abstracts, color presentation
- Classic Un-fussy Impressionism & Expressionist Fine Art
- Common images rather than theme interests
- Fine art generally works better than photographic prints
- Stand-out rich or subdued colors can work well to create focus and appeal to many, but not color so bright it dominates the room and decor - you know those ones that almost appear fluorescent!
- Less detail and clear presentation is usually better than fussy detailed images.
- Modern Botanicals work very well in many decors
MODERN BOTANICAL ART PRINTS
ART IN INTERIOR DESIGN
Art Reproduction Index
Deborah Pearce is a Kelowna Business Woman, established with locals and internationals in various aspects of Interiors, Art, and Business for over 20 years in Kelowna. Returning to Interiors & Staging Real Estate Property Presentation she is pleased to offer consultation and complete services.
You may use the contact link here above right or at Living Spaces website for services. Also find over 90 ARTICLES on Staging, Art and Interiors.
Deborah's blog frequently features community, environmental and human interests.