Nights of Lights 2012. Downtown St Augustine Holiday Festival
November 17th, 2012 starts Downtown St Augustine's Holiday Festival, the Nights of Lights. National Geographic even included St Augustine's Night of Lights in their Top 10 Places to see Holiday Lights. "Once under Spanish rule, this 16th-century city fetes its heritage. Single white candles once flickered from colonists’ windows; during Nights of Lights, the 144-square-block historic district twinkles with two million bulbs (each white, per city ordinance). November 19-January 31."
St Augustine's Night of Lights Festivities
The Holiday Festivities begin November 17th 2012 and run until January 31st, 2013. The two month long celebration in the Oldest City in America, traces back to the Spanish tradition of displaying a lighted white candle during the Christmas season.
As St Augustine celebrates 450 years of history, be sure to take time to come enjoy the spectacular season of beauty over the Matanzas. View more Nights of Lights photos.
Other St Augustine Holiday Festivities
- November 26 & 27, December 18, 27- 30: Candle light tours of Villa Zorayda
- November 27 & 28: Fall arts and crafts festival
- November 27 & January 29: Uptown Saturday Night
- December 1: Luminary Night at the St Augustine Lighthouse
- December 3 and January 7: First Friday Art Walk
- December 3: British Night Watch opening events
- December 4 & 5: British Encampment & Grande Ilumination
- December 4: St Augustine community orcheastra & chorus
- December 4: 6TH Annual St Augustine Christmas Parade
- December 4: Surf Ilumination
- December 5: 42nd Annual Garden Club Christmas Tour of Homes
- December 10 - January 9: G.I. Holiday Jukebox at Limelight Theatre
- December 11: Regatta of Lights
- December 11 & 12: 17TH Annual Holiday tour of bed and breakfast inns
- December 11 & 12: Handel's Messiah & other seasonal music
- December 12: Pilot club luminaries
- December 17 - 19: St Augustine Community Ballet Presents Nutcrakcer
- December 31: Beach Blast off
- January 8: Tweltfth Night Ball
- January 19: Sunset/Moonrise tour
- January 22: 30th Annual Mtanzas 5K and fun run
- January 22: An evening of swing
Learn details and more information about these festivals.
Thank you for reading... Nights of Lights 2012. Downtown St Augustine Holiday Festival