Faith, Love and Sex – The Six Action Steps (chapter 3)
As I mentioned in a previous blog I am reading (again), or actually listening to Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, the original publication from 1937, on my daily walks. I thought I would write a little summary or thought for the day from each chapter.
In case you missed them...
Today I was listening to Chapter 3 (Faith), visualization of, and belief and attainment of desire. The second step towards riches. The author starts off talking about faith, love and sex, the most powerful of all the major positive emotions.
This is a huge chapter and I believe one of the most important of the entire book. No, not just because he talks about faith, love and sex… although these combined together do make for a good discussion. This chapter is an action chapter. This is where we really start to put into action what is being discussed. This is where we start to convert our desires into their physical or monetary equivalent!
This time of year is when many of us are planning our personal and professional goals for 2013. This book and in particular, this chapter is a great place to get the motivational juices flowing and start seriously planning for the best year of your life! To help you get started, I have written out the SIX ACTION STEPS as described in Chapter 3.
Six Action Steps:
- Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire.
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire.
- Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and began at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
- Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
- Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after arising in the morning. As you read—see and feel and believe yourself already in possession of the money.
There is a lot more in Chapter 3 and not enough space or time here to cover it all. Plus that would take all the fun out of reading it yourself, or reading it again, as I have done for the umpteenth time! And I get something out of it each and every time.