Bacon-Jalapeno Cheese Ball Recipe
1 1/2 Cups of cream cheese (room temperature)
1 Jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
8 slices of bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese grated
1 Cup of toasted pecans chopped ( almonds would work)
2 Teaspoons of sweet chili sauce (Asian)
2 Teaspoons of Worcestshire Sauce
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
Dash of Smoky Chipotle Tabasco
3 Teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 Garlic clove finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, with-holding 1/2 of the bacon, 1/2 of the jalapenos, and 1/2 of the nuts for the outer coating.
- Form the mixture into a ball. (It will be sticky, so it may help to dampen your hands.)
- Spread the remaining bacon, jalapeno, and nuts in an empty pie plate.
- Roll the ball in the remaining outer coating ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving with crackers or pretzels!
Check out more ActiveRain Recipes and support Habitat for Humanity by downloading the ActiveRain Cookbook!