We are extremely committed to blogging, not only as means to connect with clients and potential clients, but also as a way to connect with other real estate professionals. If you're like us, you've probably hit a few dry patches - times when there was nothing that you were inspired to write about, or times when writing was more difficult than usual.
According to the Social Media Examiner, creating new content is the toughest challenge for bloggers, with 64% of bloggers reporting it as their biggest problem. I'm only surprised that 36% of bloggers found other aspects of blogging more difficult - to me, once I know WHAT to write, the rest is relatively easy. There's researching and writing and editing, of course, but the hardest part, for my money, is coming up with new content on a regular basis.
Here are our top 6 suggestions for creating blogging content:
- Frequently visit Real Estate Blog Ideas websites such as this one. With a list of dozens of useable topics, updated regularly, I'm able to cull at least a few interesting tidbits pretty frequently.
- Keep regular notes on your transactions. Jot down interesting conversations, challenges in negotiations, unusual situations. I jot them directly into my "Drafts" folder and then write them when I have some spare time.
- Write a post about one of your listings. While not fascinating to write, or to read, just plugging away at a blog post often gets the creative juices flowing.
- Likewise, write a a market report. Aside from appealing to potential clients, they are a great way to get back in the swing of things when you're in a dry spell.
- Go back to your real estate licensing classes and give a primer on mortgage acronyms or ethics dilemnas.
- Visit an area restaurant. Photograph the dining room, the meal, and the outside, and then blog about your experience. If you can link your blog to the restaurant's FaceBook page, even better!
What are your best suggestions?
More blogging ideas:
A Recipe for a Blog
I love reading about your listings, buuuut.....
Yes, people do judge you by your grammar
Are there measurable benefits to blogging?
Is THIS the reason people blog?
Running out of Blogging Topics?
Which is the better Blogging Strategy?
How to Blog
~ Wayne & Jean
Union County, NJ - a great place to live and work!
If you're looking to buy or sell a property in Union County, call us at 908-917-4189 or email TeamZuhl@gmail.com.
Check us out on Facebook at Real Estate Today and Things to Do in Union County! Follow us on Pinterest and Twitter.
All opinions, information and data provided is deemed reliable but is subject to errors and omissions. Not intended to solicit other Brokers' clients. We cooperate with them fully.