Green Tip #4, Seal & Insulate Attic Doors.
Be it an attic door, pull down stairway or hatch, this is a big hole that goes from your condition living space to an unheated dirty space. Besides losing heating and air conditioning you are also allowing dust and particles into your living environment.
For better energy efficiency and healthier living conditions these passageways need to be sealed and insulted.
The easiest way is to use the proper weather stripping on the doorway and then as well install some type of insulation box, shell or blanket.
There are many products you can buy ready-made, here are some of them:
- The Battic Door attic stairs cover. $50 - $125
- The Attic Tent. $200
- The Draft Cap attic stair insulator. $145
- The Energy Guardian. $185
- The Blanket. $50.
To read more on attic door sealing and insulation click here for DIY article.
Green Tip #3 LED’s @ $10 in Connecticut.
Green Tip #2 Seal Your Leaky Ducts Now with AEROSEAL, UL-listed.
Green Tip #1 Numbers Do Not Lie, Green Building = Saved $$$.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct.
- Member of the HBA CT Green Homes Council.
- GPRO Construction Management Certified by Urban Green Council, USGBC NY.