Highland Lakes - Marble Falls, Burnet, Horseshoe Bay, Lake LBJ area News & Information
SPRING BREAK ACTIVITIES
- March 12 – disc golf clinic and play at Westside Park, 1610 Second St., (limited to 30 participants) 10 a.m.-noon (lunch provided); crafts at Home Depot, 1307 Mormon Mill Road, 10 a.m.-noon (popcorn and drinks provided); ultimate Frisbee clinic/play at Johnson Park, 230 Ave. J South, 1-3 p.m.
- March 13 – “Cars 2″ movie showing at Lakeside Pavilion, 307 Buena Vista, 10 a.m.-noon (lunch and drinks provided)
- March 14 – The Singing Zoologist at Marble Falls Public Library, 101 Main St., 10:30-11:30 a.m.; 3-on-3 co-ed basketball tournament at Westside Park, 1610 Second St., 1-3 p.m.
- March 15 – Verus Strength and Fitness Obstacle Course with coach Calvin at Westside Park, 1610 Second St., 11 a.m.-noon (lunch provided); Just Dance Challenge and ice cream social at Lakeside Pavilion, 307 Buena Vista, 1-3 p.m.
- Burnet Blue Bonnet Festival and Airshow will be held April 12-14, 2013.
- As of 11:59 PM on March 1, water to most of the rice farmers downstream was cut off per LCRA. LCRA General Manager Becky Motal said “this drought has been tremendously difficult for the entire region, and we know that going without water for the second year in a row will be painful for the farmers and the economies they help support in Matagorda, Wharton and Colorado counties. This was a difficult decision, but LCRA has to protect the water supply of its municipal and industrial customers during this prolonged drought.” Courtesy of The Highlander
- The US 281 bridge in Marble Falls is set to be imploded on the morning of March 17. Marble Falls Police and Marble Falls Fire Rescue will maintain a barrier of 1,000 feet on both sides of the roadway. Say Goodbye to the Old Bridge!
- And don't forget to celebrate St Patrick's Day on the 17th!
Other Highland Lakes area News & Information
- The Marble Falls Chamber of Commerce IS NOW ready to start taking orders on the pavers for the east entrance of the new building. The price will be $75 per stone. That gets you 3 lines of 16 letters, numbers and spaces per line. What a great way to recognize your business, your family and friends or as a memorial to loved ones. Have not heard back from the engraver if business logos can be included as well. Contact Lindsey (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email and we will send you the form. Order forms will also be available at the Chamber office - 916 Second St. Pavers will be installed when we have sold 50.
- Burnet Consolidated Independent School District Board of Trustee members voted to close Shady Grove Elementary School. Though board members attended numerous public forums and workshops, had face-to-face conversations with BCISD Superintendent Keith McBurnett, heard from teachers at Shady Grove Elementary School and grappled with the decision for more than 30 minutes during the regular board meeting Feb. 18, they voted with heavy hearts to go with the campus-consolidation plan. With Shady Grove closing at the end of the current academic year, there’s a potential savings of $486,723 to the district. Courtesy of the PicayuneTV.com
- Highland Lakes communities join together for Relay for Life
- Donations recharge Burnet County VetRides
General & Paragon Property Group News
Spring is Coming! Spring is Coming! It's in the air...it won't be long before all the blooms will be out and Central Texas will be awash in color. It's a wonderful time of year - the weather is just about perfect, sunny warm days and cooler evenings. For many, it's Spring Break this week, so have fun and travel safely!
Once again, we are humbled and proud to have worked with so many wonderful clients and we thank you for your support. The 2012 Coldwell Banker and Coldwell Banker United Realtors numbers are out and here is how we fared last year, thanks to you all....!
#1 Lake Travis Office - Coldwell Banker United Realtors
Top 3 in Austin - Coldwell Banker United Realtors
Top 10 in Central Texas - Coldwell Banker United Realtors
Top 20 Teams - Texas - Coldwell Banker
Top 13% Team - North America - Coldwell Banker
The real estate market continues to heat up in both the Austin and Highland Lakes areas. We put a home on the market late last week and had an offer the first day! It may be a great time to sell if you are thinking of moving. Interest rates are still super low and are expected to stay that way through probably the end of the year. After that? Who knows, but they will start to go up at some point in the near future, so take advantage of them while you can! And, remember, we have offices in both Lakeway (West Austin) and Marble Falls.
Have a wonderful March!
Sue, Stacey, Brooke & Karen