This week men will inevitably go into a frenzy as Valentine's Day approaches and they realize that plans need to be made, and QUICK! But where should you go to make a big impression? McKinney offers some really romantic choices without the hassle of going south to Dallas or Plano.
Here are some of the most romantic spots that McKinney has to offer:
1. Goodhues Wood Fire Grill - Rated as one of the best restaurants by D Magazine! Get your reservations early! GREAT atmosphere - GREAT food!
2. Poppy's - AWESOME outdoor cafe with live music! Their website says they have a special Valentines Dinner with live music by Sean Holden. Half price wine on Wednesdays! A definite winner!
3. La Misha - This place drips with sexiness! From their website : "Let Valentine's dinner at La Misha rekindle that special spark with luminous candlelight and the romantic sounds of a live cello player. Enjoy a four-course dinner, complemented with a bottle of Prosecco champagne, and ending with a chocolate dip strawberry. A rose for each couple. February 14, 15, 16 For reservations, call 469-361-1400 $45 per guest for lunch, $65 per guest for dinner plus service charge"
4. Rick's Chophouse - at the new Grand Hotel and Ballroom on the historic McKinney Square! Recently renovated. Totally romantic.
5. The Pantry Restaurant - From their website: "We have carefully chosen foods and spirits known to play on
your romantic tryst. Please join us for this exciting event where 5 courses of food and wines are paired together in a celebration of passion. Ambiance and Romantic atmosphere is created by using scents, sounds and taste. Make your reservation today to be sure you don't miss out on any of this divine evening! Plan on celebrating this romantic evening with your loved one. Special menu prepared by chef Kate Montgomery. Contact Landon Winery to make reservations. 972-542-3030"
6. Landon Winery - See above for information about the Winemaker's Dinner, catered by The Pantry Restaurant. This award winning winery has a totally unique and sultry, cozy atmosphere! I'd be surprised if they aren't booked up already! Hurry, guys! Hurry!
7. Zin Zen Wine Bistro - A totally unique wine bistro located in the new Adriatica Croatian Village in Stonebridge Ranch. Cuddle up with your sweetie and a bottle of one of their many wines.
8. Mama Emilia's Italian Restaurant - A favorite Italian restaurant located on McKinney's Downtown Square. White tablecloths, great food and drink and romantic atmosphere!
Where are YOUR favorite spots in McKinney? Leave me a comment and let me know what I'm missing out on!