The Los Altos Art and Wine Festival is a massive event held every year to tens of thousands of people from all over the Bay Area. Considered one of the best art and wine festivals around, the even takes over the entire downtown area including all of Main and State Streets as well as the parking areas between Main and State. There is a constant stream of live music, entertainers, rides and games for the kids, wine and beer booths and, of course, art! It's easy to spend a full day there and make an outing out of it for the whole family. I recommend going on Saturday so you can watch the concert on Saturday night.
- Dozens of artisans from all over the country
- Classic festival food plus Thai, Mexican, Chinese and others (downtown restaurants are also open)
- Wine tasting booths from several local wineries - great wine at great prices!
- Family FunZone with rides, games, and entertainment for kids
- Free concerts on three stages playing everything from country to contemporary rock
Hot Tips for Success
- Arrive early for any chance of downtown parking. It's usually gone by 9:30AM. Otherwise park at Los Altos High School and take the shuttle.
- Wear sunscreen as it does get hot and there is little shade.
- Visit the "Glass" booth before going to buy wine or beer.
- Grab lunch early to beat the long lines. I suggest 11:30 or so to beat the rush.
- The Family FunZone is a lot of fun especially for younger kids so plan on visiting. It's like a mini amusement park (seriously) with rides, carnival games, food, face painting, etc.
Concert Showtimes - click here for festival showtimes
Stop back by and let me know how much fun you had! I'd really like to hear what you thought of the event, if you bought any artwork, wine, etc.
This event runs Saturday and Sunday July 13 & 14, 2013 from 10AM to 6PM.