So, you and your family are thinking about relocating to Baton Rouge, la. What a great idea! In my opinion, Baton Rouge is was of the best places to live. It's full of excitement and entertainment. Are you wondering if Baton Rouge is "Kid" friendly? Well, it's "kid' friendly and then some. Baton Rouge has so much to offer children and their families. Whether your looking for entertainment, something educational, planning a birthday party, a kid photographer, pediatricians or an after school program, Baton Rouge has it all.
It's easy to get lost in the wonderful city of Baton Rouge, especially when searching for something for your children. Well, I am here to help you on your journey, to make things easier and show you what all Baton Rouge has to offer to you and your children. If you have already planned on moving to the big BR, you have probably already searched for schools for your children to attend. Baton Rouge has great public and private schools. There are so many schools available to you that it's possible to find the right one that suits you and your family. But, what about after school? Are you looking for an extra-curricular activity for your child? Baton Rouge has a variety of activities to choose from.
Extra-Curricular Activities For Your Child In Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1. Martial Arts- Are you looking for a hobby for your child to pick up? Something that is going to stimulate their mind and keep them focus? Have you ever thought about Karate? Of course, it's not for everyone but many kids enjoy and excel in karate. At David Vincent's Martial Arts & Fitness, your child can learn all he/she needs to know about karate. The owner is David Vincent and his mission is to provide his students with martial arts based self-defense, fitness and character development. Vincent has been offering training for taekwondo since 1992. The Martial Arts & Fitness center offers a variety of programs. Not only do they teach children, you can take lessons also. They offer summer camps, leadership programs and more. Learn how to get started. *karate chop*
2. Soccer, anyone? It's imperative that you keep your children active and well, soccer is perfect for that. The Baton Rouge Soccer Associationoffers soccer to your little one and also offers coaching classes. You can even take referee classes. Sounds like a lot of fun, uh? Baton Rouge Soccer Association has several different soccer leagues. They also have general annual soccer meetings. Interested in youth continuing education? They've got it. So, if you are wanting your children to get active and have fun while doing, The Baton Rouge Soccer Association is the way to go.
3. Girl Scouts- You know, my favorite part of Girl Scout is the cookies. I am sucker for the the thin mints. The Girl Scouts Audobon Council, Inc.builds girls of courage, confidence, and character. The Audobon Council actually serves ten parishes with the headquarters residing in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The Audobon Council brings girl scouting to nearly 9,000 girls and 3,000 adults annually. The mission of girl scouting is to develop girls to their full potential. At the Audobon Council, you can plan to have your child; learn new skills, explore a variety of changes, accepting and appreciating differences, expressing feelings, and realizing one's uniqueness. So, if you are thinking about thin mint cookies and are wanting your children to venture out and girl scout, the Girl Scouts Audobon Council, Inc. division is perfect for your child. (the cookies are an added bonus)
4. Young Chefs- I think this is the cutest extra-curricular activity. Take your children to the Young Chefs Academy and they will learn how to cook a mean meal. There is always room for more cooks in the family, right? The Young Chefs Academy is better than a homemade meatball! Your child will learn how to make basic dishes while learning to get along with others. So, maybe mom and dad need a little cooking lessons themselves? Chefs Academy also offers cooking classes to adults. They also offer summer camps that takes your child on a journey through all the different countries cook book. Here they will learn about different cultures and different foods. The Academy also offers mini-camps. This begins in March and is a spin off of the show "Survivor". Have your child serving your favorite dishes at The Young Chefs Academy.
5. Art- Do you have an artist in the family? Is that artist your child? When children are gifted it's good to give them an outlet to express themselves. Kids Can Draw focuses on visual arts. Here they will learn how to use watercolor, charcoal, graphite and more. Kids Can Draw is a home based visual art studio. They offer classes to children from the age of five all the way to their teens. All students are welcome, though. Individual creativity is definitely encouraged. If you are looking for a place for your child to express their artistic ability be sure to visit Kids Can Draw.
6.Cheerleader- Go Team Go! Does your little girl show an interest in Cheer-leading? La Athleticsoffers a fun and active cheer-leading program. They have over 5000 square feet of practice floors and trampolines. It is said that their instructors and coaches are some of the best in the nation. Some of the classes that La Athleticsoffer are: tumbling, cheer-leading, All Star Cheer-leading squads, summer camps and much more. If you're child is a tumbler, let her tumble her way to La Athletics.
7. Basketball - If child is looking to shoot some hoops, look no further. Bob Morgan's Athletics is one of the finest kids' athletic program around. At Bob Morgan's, they take basketball above and beyond. They believe that having your child active and playing with others build confidence and self-esteem.They also think that instructions in learning how to play basketball helps develop certain skills that every child needs. The focus is not on winning but learning. Here everyone is taught, everyone plays and everyone learns. Bop on over to Bob Morgan's Athletics.
These are just a few extra-curricular activities that Baton Rouge, Louisiana has to offer. Try to involve your child in an extra-curricular activity. This allows them to learn how to work with others. It helps them develop learning new skills, working with others, setting goals and reaching them. Come on down to Baton Rouge, Louisiana and let's have some fun!!