Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Here are some helpful hints on repairing your credit. It is very easy to do and if corrected can save you thousands of dollars when applying for a mortgage.
*NOTE* You are allowed by law, 1 free credit report per year. To get one you can go to http://www.annualcreditreport.com/ and sign up. When you are asked which of the 3 bureaus you would like to pull from, select all three, Or you will find your self retyping all of your personal data in 3 times.
Steps to Repair Your Credit
1. Obtain your three credit reports.
2. Review the reports and locate the negative items.
3. Dispute the negative items with the credit bureaus. (You can do this by simply sending them the printed out report with false items that have been marked with a red, green, or blue pen, followed by a letter asking them to remove those items that are incorrect.) Here is the trick in your letter, make sure you have this line. "Please investigate and verify all highlighted items as they appear to be incorrect."
**NOTE** Whenever you receive a pre-approved credit card in the mail that company has made an inquiry on your credit, which has a negative affect on your rating. Solution.. Go to www.optoutprescreen.com this is like the do not call list, it blocks companies like credit cards from inquiring on your credit.
**NOTE** When you close a credit card, the credit bureaus will always figure it was for negative reasons. - You will want to put a line in your letter that says "Please reflect that all credit cards were closed by card holder"
4. Disputed items are removed or corrected. Items that were not re-verified are removed.
5. Negotiate with creditors and collection companies.
6. After negotiating and making payment, creditors delete the negative accounts or change them to a positive rating.
7. State the item you are disputing, but do not use dispute forms or file numbers provided by the bureau. This will cause fewer delays by the credit bureau asking for clarification.
8. Do not confirm the account if any information about the item is wrong.
9. Do not use letterhead (you don't want to raise any Red Flags).
10. Do not photocopy a fill in the blanks form letter (another Red Flag).
11. Send disputes during busy times of the year. For Example: The first to middle of November can cause a delay in verification because of Thanksgiving. Christmas rush for the creditor and the bureau can catch them before they can thoroughly investigate within a reasonable time.
**NOTE** Send your letter certificated mail with a return receipt request. They have 30 days upon receipt of receiving your letter to investigate actions requested by you. If they do not respond within those 30 days they are required to erase it from your report.
* This information might not work for everyone, but I do hope you did find it helpful.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.