Costa Rica Global Association of REALTORS® to offer website and referral service identifying valid memberships and credentials of Costa Rica's real estate professionals.
First Such Effort in Costa Rica!
Costa Rica Realtor Credentials Project
CRGAR intends to take the responsibility to confirm of the accuracy of public postings that involve the credentials of real estate practitioners in Costa Rica. The first focus will be on portrayals of membership in CRGAR and NAR, and the public/online use of their logos and trademarks, like the word “REALTOR®”. The project will support realtors who portray their credentials accurately, and work to pressure those who do not, to comply or remove their misrepresentations.
Event Weekend to Support Project
To be clear, only 2013 paid members of CRGAR are authorized to use any imagery or wording that even implies an association or training with our organization. Further, NAR membership in Costa Rica is only available through CRGAR or CCCBR, so membership in one, plus paid NAR membership is mandatory before displaying NAR credentials. Past memberships do not carry forward beyond the paid term.
CRGAR has already begun the Credentials Project project by:
1) Identifying the legal steps to be taken as the foundation for the project
2) Beginning the coordination process with NAR Global staff in Chicago
3) Reserving the URL, www.CostaRicaRealtorCredentials.com, to be launched as the CRGAR-supported platform offering project information to the online public
4) Scanning the internet to create a list of current realtor representations that may not be accurate and require confirmation
5) Offering the ability to link to this project, to other Costa Rica-focused websites, blogs, and media outlets that support CRGAR’s goals
CRGAR intends to use a portion of the net proceeds of its 12th Annual “Fun and Fundraising”event weekend (Aug 9-10) to fund the Credentials Project. The event weekend is open to the public and CRGAR encourages real estate professionals, property owners, clients, consultants, and visitors, who support the project's goals, to participate.
Please send questions about the Credentials Project, or the event weekend to email@example.com.