Hi everyone! I recently wrote this and wanted to share.
Ten ways a can of paint can help sell a house
Painting is often times the least expensive way to update a home. It’s truly the biggest bang for your buck when selling a home. Aside from instantly changing the look of a room by painting, a can of paint can accomplish much more.
1. Kitchen Cabinets – When you sand and paint out-dated cabinets, many times the result can instantly change the over-all look of a kitchen.
2. Exterior Accents – Painting shutters, rails, the front door, gutters, etc. can seriously update a dated exterior.
3. That old, out-dated piece of wooden furniture – That’s right, an out-dated dining table, accent chair can be painted to update the look of a space.
4. The back deck – Chipping paint on the deck? Power-wash, stripping the paint and then applying a fresh coat can make your exterior spaces much more appealing
5. In the closets and cabinets – Instantly make these small spaces much cleaner brighter, larger, by applying a new coat of light paint.
6. The dark oak built-ins in the den – Painting built-ins a lighter color will really help them to look larger as well as brightening up the room in general.
7. Touching Up – Break out the white paint to touch up moldings, baseboards and door-facings.
8. Freshen up what’s “up” – Many people forget about ceilings, but it’s amazing how a fresh coat of white paint on the ceiling freshens up a room.
9. A new Picasso – Who says you have to be a super artist to create a new, objective piece for the mantle? Take down the family portrait, go by a canvas or two or three and paint each a solid color. This instantly adds a splash of color an interest to any room without spending a fortune of paintings.
10. Odds and ends – Touch up or renew anything from mailboxes, wooden switch plates, outside furniture, wooden bathroom towel holders, dated photo frames, doors, wooden and knobs.
11. The Handy Step Stool – I just had to add an eleventh. The can of paint is also great for reaching that pesky cob-web in the corner of the living room. (Not recommended for accident prone or clumsy folks)
Ah, the incredible, non-edible can of paint! With so many uses, paint proves itself to be a great, affordable way to update any space