Seattle still has an incredible real estate market in 2008, but....
It is different than it has been in the last ten years or so. Many first time home buyers like to ask their friends and family a lot of questions along the way and tend to rely at times on these lifelines. Unfortunately, new Seattle buyers might find that asking all the questions in the world might not get them the right answers for this new Seattle market. Buying a house any time is a huge task, but being a first time home buyer on top of that makes it ridiculously intimidating for many.
These are some of the things an A + First Time Home buyer has already done:
Some of the hurdles in home buying...
- Finding a Seattle real estate broker who will guide you every step of the way. (A good Seattle agent will give you referrals to a good lender who will help you with all the numbers up front - someone they trust that will not deliver unneeded surprises along the way)
- Finding a qualified lender who can walk you through each and every step and won't charge you too much money for the privilege. ( Determine your purchase price budget by looking at what payment you can reasonably afford. Get a good faith estimate so you know what closing costs to expect)
Other Steps along the way that your Seattle Realtor should help you with:
- Locating a property in Seattle within your guidelines
- Structuring a strong offer on your behalf and going through the paperwork with you
- Negotiating with your best interests at heart
- Helping to schedule inspections, appraisal, escrow appointments, etc.
- Providing you with an overall picture of the sales process
- Keeping open lines of communication along the way!!! (I let them know what is going on even when nothing is going on so that they don't wonder)
- Referrals, referrals, referrals! - Inspector, insurance contacts, utility contacts, favorite restaurants or vets and doctors in the area, etc...
- Look at the resale!!! I always council Seattle buyers on their exit strategy - this is an investment as well as a home! How well will this house or condo sell in the future based on some of its attributes....
I like to make up a binder with lots of information for my first time home buyers in Seattle - I want to give them something that might help along the way or clear up any confusions. I also make up a calendar of events showing all of our important contract dates as well as a flow chart of the closing process. I like to look over the Good Faith Estimates from the lender to make sure all charges seem to be in line and have them ask questions if I see anything out of the ordinary.
I really want to be an advocate for Seattle first time home buyers that give me the privilege of helping them!
I love the process of getting someone into a home for the first time and seeing them transform from being renters to owners in something that they are vested in.
Courtney Cooper ....For all your Seattle Washington Real Estate Needs! Seattle Area Real Estate Agent: Broker and Realtor serving North King & South Snohomish County. Seattle Real Estate and Seattle Suburbs! Cooper Jacobs Real Estate Services: Experienced REALTOR with a background in accounting - I love my clients and work hard for them! Please call me if you are looking for a home or investment property (including short sales, preforeclosures, foreclosures, and REO properties) in Seattle (Ballard, Crown Hill, Phinney, Ravenna, Maple Leaf, Greenlake, Greenwood, Northgate, Lake City,University, Sand Point, Laurelhurst, Windermere, Fremont, Wallingford, Queen Anne, Westlake, Eastlake, Lake Union, Downtown, Madison Park), Shoreline, Edmonds, Brier, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Lake Forest Park, Bothell, Mill Creek, Everett, or other Seattle Suburbs!
If you are thinking of relocating to Seattle, I am an expert at Seattle Relocation services and can help you find the perfect home while making sure it is a solid financial investment!