In Dec. the Cabot school board voted to propose a millage increase for Cabot. The increase is intended to raise approx. 22.8 million from property taxes in Cabot. With the state of Arkansas expected to match the revenue with 50 million dollars.
What will the increase in Taxes do for the school district?
1. Renovating High School Science Wing
2. Adding a Junior High Science addition
3. Reconstruction at Junior high school north
4. Additional classrooms at Westside Elementary
5. Repairs to the roof at Eastside Elementary
6.A charter school facility
7. A new elementary school
8. Many other things I do not feel like listing. For the complete list go to this link.
Being in the profession that I am in, I realize that a lot of people move to Cabot for the schools. I feel that it is important to keep the schools up to date to help Cabot continue to grow. Yea, the increase will be more on us home owners, but I think money to help improve our schools is well spent.
If you would like an idea of what the increase will do to your property taxes, go to my website and email me. I will try to give you an idea of what the increase will cost you annually.
How ever you feel about this proposition it is important to vote. That is what makes America great.