- 3 months ago because of slowing construction, all overtime at the air conditioning company I worked at was eliminated. That amounted to about $170 per week in lost income. I was bringing home about $500-600 per week...WITH my overtime...not bad for risking my life every day sometimes 40-100 feet above a cement floor with no net to break my fall.........hehehehehe =-D
- 2 weeks ago I was layed off because of the slowing construction situation. My health benefits (medical, vision, and death) were due to begin just one week from when I got layed off.
- I am now full time at the restaurant I found work at to replace most of the overtime I was missing, but I am now making just $7.00 per hour, which is not even a living wage in this day and age.
Click on the picture for a great little movie that will inspire you.
Those are the bad things that have happened in my life........NOW the GOOD things........
- I have been forced to budget my money even more, resulting in a greater respect for financial planning.
- I have gotten closer to God because of my increased dependence on His wisdom to make every thing work out.
- Tonight at our Church choir practice which I am a faithful member of, I was chosen to pray for my own need of a better job, which I was VERY scared to do......so in front of 65 sisters and brothers in our chruch choir, I got up and spoke my request into the microphone.......I have not spoken that way in about 15 years since some really bad things happened to me in church at the hands of some church leaders in New York. As a result of this my fear of being taken advantage of by others has gone and is NO MORE!!!!!! =-D
- I have founded an Active Rain group,"Christianity and Real Estate " which has stretched my faith and some great relationships have been created because of the prayers and encouragement I and others have received in there. We are up to 21 members and if you are lead to join us, PLEASE DO!!! =-D
We can choose to let the bad things make us bitter OR better.........it is our choice........
I believe becoming BETTER is the best choice.....and it will help in the future...
in my career, my family and in my whole life!!